For anyone who has kids to shop for this holiday season, you can officially take “figure out what to buy everyone” off of your to-do list. Amazon has just released it’s 2019 Top 100 Toys list and we can pretty much guarantee there’s something for every child in your life.
From baby toys, to games for the family, to kids’ tech and more, the list has got you covered whether you need to pick up a birthday present or stock up on gifts to put under the tree. Here are a few of our favorites from babies and tots to preschoolers and kids.
2019 TOP TOYS BABIES & TODDLERS
1)Tots love surprises, and this Playskool Poppin’ Pals Pop-up Activity Toy delivers those in spades. Plus they get to work on their fine motor skills while learning colors, shapes and animal names.
2) Because it’s never too early for your tot to learn how to create a more eco-friendly “smart home” there’s the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Learning Home. This toy can grow with your child from 6-36 months, with more than 200 interactive songs, sounds and phrases (in 4 languages!) and lots to explore, including the interactive “smart hub” which controls things, like the lights, in the playhouse.
3) We don’t know a single toddler who wouldn’t love their very own ball pit. This Melissa & Doug Turtle Ball Pit is particularly great for apartment living as it packs up compactly, yet still comes with 60(!!) colorful plastic balls. The turtle itself is large enough for tots to sit in and climb on and comes with tons of textured fabrics, holes and more for hours of exploration.
2019 TOP TOYS PRESCHOOLERS
1) The Radio Flyer Classic Red Dual Deck Tricycle looks just as cool as when you were a kid. A guaranteed hit, this cute trike is a perfect beginner bike for kids 2.5-5 years old and comes complete with a shiny bell and streamers.
2) If you’re looking for a toy that will keep your preschooler occupied for hours on end, look no further than the Melissa & Doug Wooden Chef’s Pretend Play Toy Kitchen. Kids this age love pretend play that mimics their real life and this kitchen delivers with a built-in “ice machine”, microwave with plate that spins, nobs and dials that move and doors that open and close.
3) Blocks provide the perfect opportunity for open-ended play. Introduce your little one to the magic of legos with this age-appropriate set. The LEGO Duplo Creative Play 10572 All-in-One-Box-of-Fun contains 65 pieces that can be turned into houses, cars, trains, trees and more, with windows that open and wheels that roll. The pieces are large enough to be safe and perfect for small hands.
2019 TOP TOYS KIDS AGES 5-8
1) If you’re looking for something to help build math and language skills, then you’ll love the LeapFrog RockIt Twist Handheld Learning Game System. It’s all about games and fun with this gadget. It comes preloaded with 12 games that work on math, problem-solving and literacy and you can buy additional game packs to keep the fun going. No wifi is required, which makes this an excellent choice for travel and on-the-go entertainment.
2) For the doll-loving kid in your life, be sure to check out the Journey Girls. Each doll stands 18″ tall and comes dressed in her own travel-inspired outfit. Collect multiple Journey Girls — there are 8 in all — and the outfits are interchangeable. Plus, there are plenty of accessories to be had.
3) For frequent travelers, the All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet is definite must-have. It’s the perfect size for small hands and comes with a soft, but durable, cover that helps protect it from falls. Parent controls let you set age-appropriate limits on content, and with a Prime account, you have access to all of the shows your kids usually watch, plus books and games. And we love Amazon’s guarantee: if it breaks, return it and they’ll replace it.
2019 TOP TOYS KIDS AGES 8 AND UP
1) In this new high-tech version of a classic, Monopoly Voice Banking Electronic Family Board Game, Mr. Monopoly is the banker and you can talk to him via a speaker (a la Alexa). Say a command and Mr. Monopoly will do it all: manage your money, buy and sell properties, collect rent, check balances and more.
2) Hot Wheels kicks its car game up a notch with this new set: Hot Wheels id Smart Track Kit. It adds a layer of technology to the original concept, allowing kids to track performance of their cars in real time (and over time) and visualize new track configurations — there are more than 20 layout designs — as they build.
3) If your child loves Legos, this is the gift: LEGO Friends Heartlake City Amusement Pier. Build the amusement park toy’s pirate ghost ship, swing carousel, ticket kiosk and snack stall using more than 1,200 pieces. We’re pretty sure this will keep them busy for a while, but if not, this set can be used with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks.
Editorial Director of MamasUncut. Currently back on the East Coast. Most days spent chasing after two young kids and our very patient rescue mutt. Learning that parenting never really gets easier it just gets … different. Love running and water views. Also all the coffee.
Mamas Uncut is the place for moms online. We cover the latest news around motherhood and parenting, plus entertainment news as well – all with a mom-focused twist. Looking for parenting advice? We have plenty of it, all for moms, from moms. Our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for. We don’t stop there though, we have expert advice on a range of topics, and all of our categories get updated multiple times a day, so if there’s one website for moms you need to bookmark, it’s Mamas Uncut. We cover it all, from the latest and trendiest baby names, in the US and all over the world, to advice for moms in the workplace, or mom to mom advice on balancing it all. Looking for an answer to a specific question you’ve have? Head over to our new answers section, where you can ask questions on a nearly endless amount of topics, and you’ll get answers fast – really fast. Mamas Uncut is more than just the place for moms, it’s the community of moms – all here to help, make friends, and more. Not sure where to start? Take a look at one of our key topic areas like Pregnancy or Relationships – if you’re looking for advice on a specific topic, there’s a pretty good chance that we’ve already written on it (a few times), or that it’s within our answers section. If you don’t have time to read the site every day, we also have a newsletter that you can control how often you want to receive – that way we send all of the must-see content for moms directly to your inbox – it’s that easy. So go ahead and take a look around, ask a question, or just keep reading, we’re glad you’re here.