Amy Schumer has a recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies that sounded so delicious, we had to try it out! If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you will fall head over heels for these cookies!
Amy Schumer made these delectable peanut butter cup cookies on her show, Cooking with Amy Schumer, on Food Network. Amy and her chef husband, Chris Fischer, are adorable together on this non-conventional cooking show and we are here for it! It’s fun to watch and grounded in reality (sometimes the baby wakes up and makes an appearance). Their recipes from the show are approachable, easy to master and truly delicious!
The takeaway from this peanut butter cup cookie recipe is definitely the ease of making the cookie dough. It’s a simple, versatile, thick, and chewy cookie dough recipe that can be used for any cookies with a variety of toppings. Scroll to see how simple it is to create this six-ingredient cookie dough!
And who knew it was SO easy to make your own peanut butter cups – thanks, Amy Schumer! The chocolate, peanut butter and sea salt combination is top notch and will have you craving more! See below for the peanut butte cup cookie recipe and step by step photos of how to make these delicious treats!
THINGS I LEARNED when making the Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
- The peanut butter cups turned out medium/large when using a mini-muffin tin, so you will want enough cookie volume in each of the 12 cookies to stand up to that peanut butter cup! Don’t be afraid to make your cookie balls big. You want enough dough that you have a large cookie when you press to flatten them out.
- The peanut butter cups will melt and flatten in the oven, so the large cookie will help keep the melting chocolate from falling off onto your baking sheet.
- The peanut butter cup cookies will continue to bake and harden as they cool, so trust the suggested baking times and you should have an amazing soft and chewy cookie!
TIPS for making Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
- This recipe makes 12 cookies, so make sure to make at least 12 peanut butter cups.
- Use quality chocolate chips and peanut butter – you won’t regret it and you can taste the difference since it’s the main feature of the cookie.
- If you don’t have time to make your own peanut butter cups, the cookie dough recipe is the perfect vessel for any chocolate candy bar topping. You can use store bought Reese’s peanut butter cups, Snickers or Hershey’s Kisses – they would all be fantastic!
- DON’T SKIP the sea salt sprinkle – it really takes the peanut butter cup cookies to the next level. The sea salt perfectly compliments the sweet richness of the chocolate and peanut butter.
Ingredients for Amy Schumer Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tbsps)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Peanut Butter Cups:
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or cut up chocolate bar)
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Sea salt for sprinkling, optional but HIGHLY recommended
Steps for Amy Schumer’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
First, make the peanut butter cups so they have time to set in the refrigerator. Make a double boiler on your stove using a small pot filled with a little bit of water. Bring that to a boil, then place a heat proof mixing bowl on top of the hot water. Turn the heat off, then pour the chocolate chips and milk in the bowl. Let sit for 2 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt, then stir with a spatula until the chocolate is smooth.
Using a fork, mix together the peanut butter and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Prepare a mini muffin tin with mini-cupcake liners if you have them. If not, you can just line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Drop a small amount of chocolate in the muffin tin or on the baking sheet. Then add a dollop of peanut butter, and finally top with more chocolate so the peanut butter is covered. Put the peanut butter cups in the refrigerator or freezer until they are set and firm
Now start making the cookie dough. Mix together the butter, egg and sugar in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking soda.
Then add the butter and sugar mix to the flour mix and combine with a wooden spoon or your hands to make a dough. Make a ball, and place it on a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the dough generously in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
Once the peanut butter cups are set and the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a silicon baking mat or parchment. Make large ping pong balls from the dough and space out on the sheet pan.
Then using your hands, press to flatten out the dough slightly so they are large enough to hold the peanut butter cups. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt over each peanut butter cup cookie.
Bake for 8 minutes, then check the cookies to make sure they aren’t too brown around the edges. You can also rotate your baking sheet at this time. Bake about 2 minutes more. When the edges are slightly brown and the peanut butter cup cookies begin to have creases, remove them from the oven. 10 minutes total baking time should be perfect, as the cookies will continue to harden as they cool. However, oven times vary so use your best judgement on how they look/feel to touch. Let them cool and enjoy devouring these peanut butter cup cookies!
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.