How can I go about getting child support?

I’m 35 weeks pregnant, and the father wants nothing to do with the baby. We haven’t spoken since I was 3 1/2 months. I was ok with doing this alone, but now I’m starting to think I want to go after child support, but I don’t know how to go about it. I’m from Montreal, Quebec.


Wait until the baby is born, then go to court to get child support and a parenting plan set up.

I don’t know how it works there but here, especially if he doesn’t want to be involved and isn’t going to be at the hospital to sign birth certificate, the courts are going to want proof of paternity. So once baby is born petition the courts to have a paternity test established and go from there. Once that’s done they can help you go after child support. Good luck.


Thanks to Dr Agogo a the wonderful and caring spellcaster who helped In getting my husband back home… Months ago i had issues with my husband to the extent that made him left the house, and he started dating another Lady and lived with the lady, I tried all I could to get him back home but all effort were useless not until a friend of my came to my house and I told her everything that had happened US, then she told me of a spellcaster who helped her when she had issues… I contacted Dr Agogo then explained everything and he told me not to worry again that my husband will be back home… After all had been done, thought it was a joke, my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came home pleading for forgiveness… You could contact him via email: [email protected]
via What’sApp is +2348148065863…

He will still have to be responsible and give you child support

1 Like

Wait for baby born then take him to court get full custody. If he works courts will order him to pay if he don’t pay then his wages are garnished as well taxes sometimes there licenses get suspended. Good luck momma.

Social Services? I’m in Washington State and they helped me fill out the paperwork and file… not sure about Canada though :thinking:

Doesn’t matter if he doesn’t want to be in the baby’s life. He created the baby and is obligated to pay!

1 Like

Go to or call your local family court house. U can get all the information you need there.

File papers with the court you may need legal counsel maybe even def can help you

also- at least in this country child support equals time with the child, whether the mother wants him to or not


Hope you get the child support…he must be held responsible. As for you…perhaps we should rethink how to protect ourself when being intimate.


It certainly is nice to have help with your child. But if the father is not a good person if he will not bring good things to your life or to the life of your child it is best just to separate yourself from him entirely


Child support is the monetary security that all children deserve from their parents.
Your child absolutely deserves the financial support of their father.
I don’t know about Canada, but in the US it’s not really very easy for a father to gain full parental rights if he hasn’t been involved.
And if he DOES chose to become involved? Then great! Every child deserves to know both of their parents. If both of you can make it about the child and not about yourselves then the child will be the one who benefits most!


Child support is support for the child from a parent so yes if he is working then it’s his responsibility to support his child whither he wanted it or not he is an adult he knows how it could have been prevented.


I would say unless you got him to sign away all rights you need to set up something in family court immediately.


Ours is the Department of Human Services…he has to pay child support. Maybe contact Legal Aid and get some questions answered. You surely don’t want someone who doesn’t want to be there for this child.

Whatever you do, if you go after child support, he automatically gets visitation if he requests it. At least in Minnesota.


He owes u that.
It takes 2 to tango.
I fought my son’s father for along time. Finally got it started but my son was like up in the years bfore he was made to pay

Canadian law does not recognize the unborn child as a legal person possessing rights. As a result, the father does not have any right to be involved with the pregnancy without the consent of the mother. … Having a baby places legal responsibilities on both parents and it also gives both of them certain rights.

1 Like