On a rainy day, at any point of the year, a nice bowl of warm soup will call your name. And nothing hits the spot quite like a homemade broccoli cheese soup recipe.
It’s both hardy and comforting and oh, so good. And I am sharing the broccoli cheese soup recipe that has been in my family for generations! As far back as my great-great-grandmother, maybe in further, I’ve been told.
So first, let’s get our ingredients for the broccoli cheese soup recipe together.
Here’s what you need:
- Onions (chopped)
- Celery (chopped)
- Large can of Cottage Inn Chicken Broth
- Garlic salt
- 6 potatoes (diced)
- 4 large carrots (diced)
- Large head of broccoli (chopped)
- 2 cups of milk
- 12 ounces of cheddar cheese
$3.19 at the time of publication
When my grandmother cooks, she is always to taste, and never really follows any sort of for sure measurements, just so you know. Now, let’s get to cooking our broccoli cheese soup recipe.
$27.99 at the time of publication
- First, sauté the chopped onions and celery in the butter. Once fragrant, add in the large can of Cottage Inn chicken broth and the salt, pepper, and garlic salt, to taste.
- Once stirred, then add in your 6 potatoes, 4 carrots, and the large head of broccoli. Cook until the veggies are tender.
- Once tender, add in the 2 cups of milk. When it starts to boil, remove the soup from heat and add in the 12 ounces of cheddar cheese!
$27.95 at the time of publication
And there you have it! A deliciously hardy broccoli cheese soup recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
Mamas Uncut is a participant in multiple affiliate programs, including Skimlinks, ShareASale, Commission Junction, and the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Mamas Uncut may earn a percentage of revenue generated from purchases made via the links in this post.
Sara Vallone has been a writer and editor for the last four and a half years. A graduate of Ohio University, she enjoys celebrity news, sports, and articles that enhance people’s lives.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.