Royal Sources Say Camilla’s Queen Consort Announcement Needed To Be Announced Before Prince Charles Became King

When Prince Charles takes the throne one day, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is set to be named Queen Consort after Queen Elizabeth said it was her “sincere wish.”

The Queen, 95, used her Platinum Jubilee to share the announcement regarding Camilla’s future title. And according to a royal insider shared how the timing “had to be right.”

royal sources say camilla's queen consort announcement needed to be announced before prince charles became king
Image via Shutterstock

RELATED: Queen Elizabeth Makes Shocking Request as She Celebrates the 70th Anniversary of Her Accession

“They couldn’t wait until Charles was actually King — it had to come from the Queen herself,” the insider says. “Now was a good time because of the Jubilee — it was almost tailor-made for this timing.”

Prince Charles has reportedly been preparing for this announcement for years and he planned for his coronation to include his wife alongside him as Queen.

When reached for comment, a spokesperson for Clarence House said, “The detailed planning for a coronation begins at the point of accession. So there are no plans of this nature at this stage.”

royal sources say camilla's queen consort announcement needed to be announced before prince charles became king
Image via Shutterstock

RELATED: Prince Charles, Prince William Allegedly Told Prince Harry He Was ‘Oversensetive’ About Archie’s Skin Tone Comment

The news comes after Prince Charles was given a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and was in the presence of his mother. Queen Elizabeth is being closely monitored. And while it was revealed how the Queen’s health is of top concern, it was never confirmed if she has tested positive for the virus.

Per a Royal source, Queen Elizabeth has not exhibited any symptoms yet. And on early Thursday morning, it was reported through a statement that Charles is now in isolation.

“This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating. HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today’s events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.”

prince charles reveals prince andrew will not return to royal life following sexual abuse lawsuit

RELATED: New Interview Reveals Prince Charles Was Questioned About the 1995 Letter Written By Diana: ‘My Husband Is Planning ‘an Accident’

Charles has previously contracted COVID-19, testing positive in March 2020 when the pandemic first began. 

Both Charles and his wife Camilla are both fully vaccinated and boosted. The Queen is also believed to be fully vaccinated, but it has only ever been confirmed that Elizabeth received her first dose.

Hours before Charles tested positive, he and Camilla attended a British Asian Trust event at the British Museum, People reports. It has yet to be confirmed where exactly Charles contracted the virus.

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.

.