For most of us, it does not take much to get into the Christmas spirit. However, for some, the holiday season feels more stressful than enjoyable. Christmas quotes are potent reminders of the reason for the season that encourage readers to take a moment and reflect on all the ways the holiday is so very special. Christmas quotes move us to embrace the season’s themes like giving, charity, reflection, and family.
Further, Christmas quotes can come in handy. Write them in your Christmas cards, use them as social media captions, and spruce up a gift tag with a heartwarming sentiment. If the stresses of the season have got you down, take a moment to read over these quotes to remind you that it’s a magical time of year that is all about doing for others rather than yourself. Discover our favorite Christmas quotes below.
Delightful Christmas Quotes
- “Christmas is never over, unless you want it to be… Christmas is a state of mind.” ― Lauren Myracle
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” ― Charles Dickens
- “At Christmas, you tell the truth.” — Love Actually
Marvelous Christmas Quotes
- “I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
- “Time cannot be packaged and ribboned and left under trees for Christmas morning. Time can’t be given. But it can be shared.” ― Cecelia Ahern
- “For it is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child Himself.” ― Charles Dickens
Endearing Christmas Quotes
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ― Bob Hope
- “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.” – B. C. Forbes
- “Christmas magic is silent. You don’t hear it—you feel it. You know it. You believe it.” — Kevin Alan Milne
Remarkable Christmas Quotes
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” — Peg Bracken
- “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” — J. C. Penney
- “The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting.” –Louisa May Alcott
Sweet Christmas Quotes
- “Christmas was definitely the best thing ever, even better than pizza. But instead of all her favorite toppings, Amitola was surrounded by all her favorite people.” ― Aishabella Sheikh
- “The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood.” ― Richard Paul Evans
- “If you want to experience the true meaning of Christmas, give something to someone who can offer nothing in return.” ― Toni Sorenson
Excellent Christmas Quotes
- “It struck him that how you spent Christmas was a message to the world about where you were in life.” — Nick Hornby
- “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” — Pindar
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” — W.T. Ellis
Beautiful Christmas Quotes
- “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” — Hamilton Wright Mabie
- “The joy of brightening other lives becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” — W.C. Jones
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day.” — Andy Rooney
Nice Christmas Quotes
- “Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.” — Freya Stark
- “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.” — Norman Wesley Brooks
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing, but of reflection.” — Winston Churchill
Magical Christmas Quotes
- “‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” — Clement Clarke Moore
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.” — The Polar Express
- “God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it.” — Pope Francis
Outstanding Christmas Quotes
- “As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.” – Eric Sevareid
- “Even as an adult, I still find it hard to sleep on Christmas Eve.” – Carrie Latet
- “There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen.” — Frosty the Snowman
Moving Christmas Quotes
- “We count down the days, just to experience it nearly exactly as we always have. It is so comfortable, familiar and perfectly nostalgic that, frankly, we have no desire to improve upon it at all.” — Joanna Gaines
- “May your hearth be warm, your holidays grand, and your heart held gently in the good Lord’s hand.” — Unknown
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” — Marjorie Holmes
Gorgeous Christmas Quotes
- “Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa.” — Bart Simpson
- We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness.” – Bob Hope
Peaceful Christmas Quotes
- “I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.” – Fred Rogers
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all sticking together.” — Rosie Thomas
Festive Christmas Quotes
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” — Edna Ferber
- “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” — Dr. Seuss
- “The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.” — Henry David Thoreau
Enchanting Christmas Quotes
- “Your children need your presence more than your presents.” — Jesse Jackson
- “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” — Eric Sevareid
- “In our joy, we think we hear a whisper. / At first it is too soft. Then only half heard. / We listen carefully as it gathers strength. / We hear a sweetness. / The word is Peace. / It is loud now. It is louder. / Louder than the explosion of bombs.” — Maya Angelou
Charming Christmas Quotes
- “Remember, George: No man is a failure who has friends.” — It’s a Wonderful Life
- “Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart…filled it, too, with melody that would last forever.” ― Bess Streeter Aldrich
- “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” ― Calvin Coolidge
Jolly Christmas Quotes
- “You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger.” — Robert Paul
- “May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!” — Unknown
- “A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn’t get into a single argument all day.” — Melanie White
Merry Christmas Quotes
- “A good conscience is a continual Christmas.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.” — Phillips Brooks
- “Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.” — Helen Steiner Rice
Fun Christmas Quotes
- “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” — Ruth Carter Stapleton
- “Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles.” — Unknown
- “He sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake. He knows when you’ve been bad or good, so be good, for goodness sake!” — “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”
Joyous Christmas Quotes
- “Were I a philosopher, I should write a philosophy of toys, showing that nothing else in life need to be taken seriously, and that Christmas Day in the company of children is one of the few occasions on which men become entirely alive.” –Robert Lynd
- ”The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” — Elf
- “The reality of loving God is loving him like he’s a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.” ― Criss Jami
Dreamy Christmas Quotes
- “Want to keep Christ in Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill, love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “Christmas day is the children’s, but the holidays are youth’s dancing-time.” — Booth Tarkington
- “Christmas is a together-y sort of holiday.” — Winnie the Pooh
Potent Christmas Quotes
- “At Christmas, play and make good cheer, for Christmas comes but once a year.” — Thomas Tusser
- “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” — Margaret Thatcher
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” — Dale Evans Rogers
Happy Christmas Quotes
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” — Roy L. Smith
- “The world has grown weary through the years, but at Christmas, it is young.” — Phillips Brooks
- “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
Surprising Christmas Quotes
- “Let us keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed.” — Ann Garnett Schultz
- “May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.” — Unknown
- “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” — Mother Theresa
Final Christmas Quotes
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” — Norman Vincent Peale
- “My brother, little sister and I decorate the tree together, and every year we fight over who gets to hang our handmade childhood decorations.” — Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Christmas to me is as many people as possible happy.” — Tupac Shakur
There you go! What did you think of these Christmas quotes? We hope you found them festive and engaging. If you liked these quotes, keep reading. We’ve got dozens of Christmas jokes for you to indulge in as well.
So Punny Christmas Jokes
- Who is never hungry at Christmas? The turkey—he’s always stuffed.
- What did the gingerbread man put on his bed? A cookie sheet!
- What do grapes sing at Christmas? ‘Tis the season to be jelly.
Corny Christmas Jokes
- What do Santa’s elves learn in school? The elf-abet.
- What’s the absolute best Christmas present? A broken drum — you can’t beat it!
- Where do Santa’s reindeer stop for coffee? Star-bucks!
Cheesy Christmas Jokes
- What does Rudolph want for Christmas? A Pony sleigh station.
- What reindeer game do reindeer play at sleepovers? Truth or deer.
- Why are elves such great motivational speakers? They have plenty of elf-confidence.
Cheeky Christmas Jokes
- What do you call a reindeer ghost? Cari-boo!
- How do you help someone who has lost their Christmas spirit? Nurse them back to elf.
- What do you call Santa when he stops moving? Santa Pause.
Silly Christmas Jokes
- What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire? Frostbite.
- What do snowmen eat for breakfast? Ice Crispies.
- What’s the difference between the Christmas alphabet and the ordinary alphabet? The Christmas alphabet has Noel.
Droll Christmas Jokes
- What do you call an obnoxious reindeer? Rude-olph.
- What happens if you eat Christmas decorations? You get tinsel-it-is.
- What’s every elf’s favorite type of music? Wrap!
Spirited Christmas Jokes
- What is Santa’s dog’s name? Santa Paws!
- What did Santa say when he stepped into a big puddle? It must have reindeer.
- Why do reindeer like Beyoncé so much? She sleighs.
Witty Christmas Jokes
- What is it called when a snowman has a temper tantrum? A meltdown.
- What do you call an elf that runs away from Santa’s workshop? A rebel without a Claus!
- What do snowmen eat for dessert? Ice crispy treats.
Playful Christmas Jokes
- What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney? Claus-trophobia!
- What did the wise men say after they offered up their gifts of gold and frankincense? Wait, there’s myrrh.
Whimsical Christmas Jokes About Santa Claus
- Who’s Santa’s favorite singer? Elfish Presley.
- Why did Santa Claus get a parking ticket on Christmas Eve? He left his sleigh in a snow parking zone.
- What goes “Oh, Oh, Oh”? Santa walking backward!
More Jokes About Santa
- How much did Santa pay for his sleigh? Nothing, it was on the house!
- What was Santa’s favorite subject in school? Chemis-tree!
- How do the elves clean Santa’s sleigh on the day after Christmas? They use Santa-tizer.
Even More Christmas Jokes About the Big Man
- Why does Santa go down the chimney? Because it soots him.
- What’s Santa Claus’s favorite type of potato chip? Crisp Pringles.
- What’s red and white and falls down chimneys? Santa Klutz.
You Can Never Have Too Many Santa Jokes
- Which of Santa’s friends is the most chill? Jack Frost.
- What’s Santa’s favorite fruit? Sugar plums.
- What do you get if you cross Santa with a duck? A Christmas quacker.
More Great Jokes About Santa
- What do you call a broke Santa Claus? Saint-nickel-less.
- How do you know when Santa’s around? You can always sense his presents.
- What is Santa’s favorite kind of candy? Jolly ranchers.
RELATED: 300 Jokes For Kids That Are Funny
Keeping It Rolling With Santa Jokes for Kids
- What is Santa’s primary language? North Polish.
- How can Santa deliver presents during a thunderstorm? His sleigh is flown by raindeer.
- How do elves respond when Santa takes attendance? “Present!”
- What did the English teacher call Santa’s helpers? Subordinate Clauses.
Christmas Tree Jokes
- What month does a Christmas tree hate the most? Sep-timber!
- What do you get when you mix a Christmas tree and an iPad? A pineapple.
- Who is a Christmas tree’s favorite singer? Spruce Springsteen.
Oh, Christmas Tree
- Why are Christmas trees so bad at knitting? They have too many needles.
- Why are Christmas trees so fond of the past? Because the present’s beneath them.
- What was the Christmas tree’s favorite shape? A treeangle!
- How did the two rival Christmas trees get along? They signed a peace tree-ty.
- Why did the Christmas tree go to the dentist? It needed a root canal.
- What did the Christmas tree do after its bank closed? It started its own branch.
Even More Christmas Tree Jokes
- What do they sing to Christmas trees at their retirement parties? Fir he’s a jolly good fellow, fir he’s a jolly good fellow…
- What did one Christmas tree say to another? Lighten up!
- What did the beaver say to the Christmas tree? Nice gnawing you!
More Fabulous Tree Jokes
- What do you call cutting down a Christmas tree? Christmas chopping!
- What is a Christmas tree’s favorite candy? Orna-mints!
- How do Christmas trees get ready for a night out? They spruce up!
Final Christmas Tree Jokes
- How do Christmas trees get their email? They log-on.
- What’s as big as a Christmas tree but is lighter than a feather? Its shadow.
- Which former president planted the most Christmas trees? Wood-row Wilson
Christmas Knock-Knock Jokes
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Ho Ho. Ho Ho who? Your Santa impression needs a little work.
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Donut. Donut who? Donut open til Christmas!
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Snow. Snow who? Snow time to waste. It’s almost Christmas!
More Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Anna. Anna who? Anna partridge in a pear tree.
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Holly. Holly who? Holly-days are here again.
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Santa. Santa who? Santa Christmas card to you, did you get it?
Even More Knock-Knock Christmas Jokes
- Knock, knock Who’s there? Honda. Honda who? Honda first day of Christmas my true love sent to me…
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Noah. Noah who? Noah good Christmas joke?
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Dewey. Dewey who? Dewey know how long it is until Santa gets here?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 120+ Kids Knock Knock Jokes That Will Keep Them Giggling
Final Knock-Knock Jokes
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Wayne. Wayne who? Wayne in a manger…
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Olive. Olive who? Olive Christmastime, don’t you?
- Knock, knock! Who’s there? Elf. Elf who? Elf me wrap this present for Santa.
There you go! We hope you enjoyed these Christmas jokes for kids and that you will tell them to as many little ones as possible this year.
- 1 Delightful Christmas Quotes
- 2 Marvelous Christmas Quotes
- 3 Endearing Christmas Quotes
- 4 Remarkable Christmas Quotes
- 5 Sweet Christmas Quotes
- 6 Excellent Christmas Quotes
- 7 Beautiful Christmas Quotes
- 8 Nice Christmas Quotes
- 9 Magical Christmas Quotes
- 10 Outstanding Christmas Quotes
- 11 Moving Christmas Quotes
- 12 Gorgeous Christmas Quotes
- 13 Peaceful Christmas Quotes
- 14 Festive Christmas Quotes
- 15 Enchanting Christmas Quotes
- 16 Charming Christmas Quotes
- 17 Jolly Christmas Quotes
- 18 Merry Christmas Quotes
- 19 Fun Christmas Quotes
- 20 Joyous Christmas Quotes
- 21 Dreamy Christmas Quotes
- 22 Potent Christmas Quotes
- 23 Happy Christmas Quotes
- 24 Surprising Christmas Quotes
- 25 Final Christmas Quotes
- 26 So Punny Christmas Jokes
- 27 Corny Christmas Jokes
- 28 Cheesy Christmas Jokes
- 29 Cheeky Christmas Jokes
- 30 Silly Christmas Jokes
- 31 Droll Christmas Jokes
- 32 Spirited Christmas Jokes
- 33 Witty Christmas Jokes
- 34 Playful Christmas Jokes
- 35 Whimsical Christmas Jokes About Santa Claus
- 36 More Jokes About Santa
- 37 Even More Christmas Jokes About the Big Man
- 38 You Can Never Have Too Many Santa Jokes
- 39 More Great Jokes About Santa
- 40 Keeping It Rolling With Santa Jokes for Kids
- 41 Christmas Tree Jokes
- 42 Oh, Christmas Tree
- 43 Oh, Tannenbaum
- 44 Even More Christmas Tree Jokes
- 45 More Fabulous Tree Jokes
- 46 Final Christmas Tree Jokes
- 47 Christmas Knock-Knock Jokes
- 48 More Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids
- 49 Even More Knock-Knock Christmas Jokes
- 50 Final Knock-Knock Jokes
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.