Jay Leno has been released from the hospital and has shared photos of the second and third-degree burns he suffered to his face.
Leno’s release from the hospital comes more than a week after he was injured in a gasoline fire that occurred while he was working on a car in his garage. In a statement obtained by People and shared by Leno’s doctors following his release, they said:
“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today. After a 10-day stay at the facility, Jay will receive follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands he received during a fire at his home garage. Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”
Leno’s main physician Dr. Peter Grossman added personally, “I am pleased with Jay’s progress, and I am optimistic that he will make a full recovery.”
Jay Leno Released From Burn Center as Photo Reveals Burns to His Face
As Mamas Uncut previously reported, the longtime host and collector spoke out during his time at the Grossman Burn Center. In a statement also offered to People, the 72-year-old said, “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire,” he said in a statement. “I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
People further revealed that the accident happened around 12:30 p.m. on November 12. First responders treated Leno on the scene and transported him to a “local emergency department.” A spokesperson for Grossman Burn Center confirmed that they were treating Leno for his injuries.
“Jay wants everyone to know that he is in stable condition and receiving treatment … for burns that he received to his face and hands from a gasoline accident in his garage over the weekend,” the spokesperson, Aimee Bennett said.
“He is in good humor and is touched by all the inquiries into his condition and well wishes. [He] wants to let everyone know he is doing well and is in ‘the best burn center in the United States.'”
While it has yet to be confirmed how the fire started, one of Leno’s employees, George Swift, told Access Hollywood that Leno was “sprayed by the gas that caught fire” while he was working on a “steam car.”
Jay Leno was forced to cancel appearances as a result of the devastating accident. According to TMZ, Leno was rushed to the California burn center after suffering serious burns to his face. TMZ reports that Jay was in the garage where he stores his luxury car collection when one of the vehicles burst into flames.
While Jay Leno is known for many things, he perhaps is most known for his love of cars and his extensive collection. In his recent role on Last Man Standing, his character played homage to his hobby.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.