Nothing compares to the beauty of our natural world as these nature quotes agree. Every season, from the hopeful blooms of Spring to the quiet snowy landscapes of Winter, offers something for us, humans, to appreciate. Immersing yourself in nature is always a great idea and can really help you get your head straight and gain some perspective. If you love nature or simply need a reminder of how great it is to get outdoors, we have rounded up 100 of the best nature quotes for you.
From Alice Walker to Zeno, there are so many illuminating nature quotes for you to discover. Each quote speaks to the remarkable effect that nature can have on us and the profound appreciation we should have for it. So, if you are craving a trip to the mountains or you are yearning to hear waves crashing on the beach, we have inspirational nature quotes to help feed that wanderlust. Enjoy these nature quotes below!
Motivational Nature Quotes
- “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” —John Lubbock
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “If we surrendered to earth’s intelligence we could rise up rooted, like trees.” —Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Land really is the best art.” —Andy Warhol
Energizing Nature Quotes
- “Everything in nature is lyrical in its ideal essence, tragic in its fate, and comic in its existence.” —George Santanaya
- “Never, no, never did nature say one thing and wisdom another.” —Edmund Burke
- “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” —John Ruskin
- “Colors are the smiles of nature.” —Leigh Hunt
Zen Nature Quotes
- “Nature is the art of God.” —Dante Alighieri
- “The earth laughs in flowers.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Time spent amongst trees is never wasted time.” —Katrina Mayer
- “All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.” —Marie Curie
Meditative Nature Quotes
- “If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.” —Buddha
- “Nature’s beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude.” —Louie Schwartzberg
- “By discovering nature, you discover yourself.” —Maxime Lagacé
- “Men argue. Nature acts.” —Voltaire
Uplifting Nature Quotes
- “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.” —Walt Whitman
- “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” —William Shakespeare
- “To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee, One clover, and a bee, and revery. The revery alone will do, If bees are few.” —Emily Dickinson
Galvanizing Nature Quotes
- “Man’s heart away from nature becomes hard.” —Standing Bear
- “To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.” —Jane Austen
- “The world is not to be put in order. The world is order. It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order.” —Henry Miller
- “The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.” —Galileo Galilei
Encouraging Nature Quotes
- “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” —Gerard De Nerval
- “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” —Sylvia Plath
- “A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.” —Walt Whitman
- “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” —Frank Lloyd Wright
Special Nature Quotes
- “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” —Aldous Huxley
- “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” —Gary Snyder
- “Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.” —Winston Churchill
- “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” —Carl Sagan
Exciting Nature Quotes
- “The beauty of the natural world lies in the details.” —Natalie Angier
- “Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.” —Michel de Montaigne
- “Nature is loved by what is best in us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” —Mahatma Gandhi
Exhilarating Nature Quotes
- “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” —Hans Christian Andersen
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.” —Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” —Langston Hughes
- “There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” —Charlotte Eriksson
Moving Nature Quotes
- “Some of nature’s most exquisite handiwork is on a miniature scale, as anyone knows who has applied a magnifying glass to a snowflake.” —Rachel Carson
- “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire, and some peace and quiet.” —Brooke Hampton
- “Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” —Henry van Dyke
- “For most of history, man has had to fight nature to survive; in this century he is beginning to realize that, in order to survive, he must protect it.” —Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Striking Nature Quotes
- “The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.” —E. E. Cummings
- “Between every two pines, there is a doorway to a new world.” —John Muir
- “The goal of life is living in agreement with nature.” —Zeno
- “It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.” —Robert Louis Stevenson
Impressive Nature Quotes
- “Those who find beauty in all of nature will find themselves at one with the secrets of life itself.” —L. Wolfe Gilbert
- “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” —Steve Maraboldi
- “The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.” —Blaise Pascal
- “I go to nature to be soothed and healed and to have my senses put in order.” —John Burroughs
Memorable Nature Quotes
- “Going to the mountains is like going home.” —John Muir
- “Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.” —Theodore Roethke
- “Although we say mountains belong to the country, actually, they belong to those that love them.” —Dogen
- “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” —Henry David Thoreau
Inciteful Nature Quotes
- “If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature’s way.” —Aristotle
- “The earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
- “A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.” —James Russell Lowell
- “Leave the road, take the trails.” —Pythagoras
Stirring Nature Quotes
- “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” —Jimmy Carter
- “I think nature’s imagination is so much greater than man’s, she’s never going to let us relax.” —Richard Feynman
- “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” —Rachel Carson
Mesmerizing Nature Quotes
- “If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you.” —Alex Trebek
- “Nature is just enough; but men and women must comprehend and accept her suggestions.” —Antoinette Brown Blackwell
- “Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.” —John Burroughs
- “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” —Laura Ingalls Wilder
Mysterious Nature Quotes
- “It is said that the forest has a certain limit if you look straight ahead, but the sides are boundless.” —Riccardo Bozzi
- “Nature always wears the colors of the spirit.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The Amen of nature is always a flower.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” —Lao Tzu
Beneficial Nature Quotes
- “We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.” —Albert Einstein
- “The ocean is a mighty harmonist.” —William Wordsworth
- “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” —Joseph Campbell
- “Choose only one master—nature.” —Rembrandt
Affecting Nature Quotes
- “Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings.” —Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration.” —Claude Monet
- “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” —Henri Matisse
- “I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.” —Frank Lloyd Wright
Poignant Nature Quotes
- “Love the world as your own self; then you can truly care for all things.” —Lao Tzu
- “In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.” —Aristotle
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” —William Shakespeare
- “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” —Native American proverb
Striking Nature Quotes
- “Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.” —Ansel Adams
- “I just wish the world was twice as big and half of it was still unexplored.” —David Attenborough
- “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” —Robin Williams
- “To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” —Helen Keller
Compelling Nature Quotes
- “Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere.” —Blaise Pascal
- “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” —John Keats
- “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.” —Henry David Thoreau
Charming Nature Quotes
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” —Isaac Newton
- “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” —Rachel Carson
- “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” —Albert Einstein
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Karma Quotes Will Remind You That What Goes Around Comes Back Around
Our Favorite Nature Quotes
- “Looking at beauty in the world is the first step of purifying the mind.” —Amit Ray
- “The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.” —D. H. Lawrence
- “Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are.” —Gretel Ehrlich
- “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” –Alice Walker
There you go! We hope you enjoyed these alluring nature quotes and that you have a greater sense of calm and understanding. Connecting with the natural world around us is one of the greatest things we as humans can do. If you loved these nature quotes, keep reading for even more inspiring quotes.
Take a Look at Thought-Provoking Karma Quotes Below:
“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.” —Buddha
This is an excellent reminder to show others the same love you should have for yourself. After all, hurting others only hurts our collective humanity. It’s one of the most straightforward karma quotes.
“Show a little faith in someone when they need it. It’s amazing how it comes back around to you.” ―Garon Whited
This is one of the karma quotes that’s just so true. We all must do our best to have faith in people, especially when they are in need of charity, help, or just need a person in their corner.
“You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here’s a great reminder from Emerson to not wait for a convenient time to be kind. Kindness means showing grace to those around you even when it’s hard to do. It’s one of the great karma quotes about not waiting until it’s easy to do the right thing.
“Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another.” ―Arthur Conan Doyle
In one of the karma quotes that talks about violence, we are meant to understand that the violence we put out into the world will actually end up ensnaring us. Do not “dig a pit” for someone as you will only end up trapped in it yourself.
“Often when someone hurts you, they aren’t hurting you because you are you. They are hurting you because they are them.” —Karen Salmansohn
Here is one of the best karma quotes about projection. You’re not a victim necessarily for any fault of your own, often you are a victim of someone who also hurts themselves. Ask yourself what actually is motivating their actions.
“You cannot do harm to someone because someone has done harm to you. You will pay just like they will.” —Ericka Williams
One of the karma quotes that urges us to do no harm comes from Ericka Williams. This is true even if you feel you’ve been wronged by another.
“Karma is justice. It does not reward or punish, because we have to earn all that we receive.” —Mary T. Brown
We are reminded that karma is justice. It’s one of the best karma quotes about earning justice through our deeds.
“Karma is extremely efficient, if one is extremely patient.” ―Efrat Cybulkiewicz
This is one of the karma quotes that reminds us of the importance of patience, especially when it comes to the principle of karma. After all, it is not immediate gratification. Instead, it may even take a rebirth before the balance is restored.
“Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely. —Buddha
If you are living your life by your own moral code that includes the principle of karma, you need not fear death, this quote reminds us.
“Men are not punished for their sins but by them.” —Kin Hubbard
This is one of our favorite karma quotes because it reminds us that our own bad deeds haunt us and eat away at us.
“When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. Let go. It’s safe.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
This is one of the important karma quotes about how karma works in a relationship. At some point, we must learn to trust others completely and let love guide us.
“When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms.” —Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
Here’s another one of the karma quotes about love. Be the first to perform an act of love or care for someone. When you do, you will be better for it.
“When someone has a strong intuitive connection, Buddhism suggests that it’s because of karma, some past connection.” —Richard Gere
The way we connect with people and form bonds might not immediately make sense to us at first. But, we should lean into the impulses that bring us closer by caring for each other. The bonds you foster today could be from a past connection.
“Most times, how you treat your children is how they grow up to treat you.” —Terry Mark
Here’s one of the most important karma quotes for parents. Remember that how you raise and nurture your children will likely return to you.
“Before you act, you have freedom, but after you act, the effect of that action will follow you whether you want it to or not. That is the law of karma.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Whether you like it or not, karma will come back to you. This is one of the karma quotes that reminds us that only we have the freedom to choose how it will return to us.
“Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” —Edwin Hubbell Chapin
This is one of the karma quotes that reminds us that every action, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, can have a huge impact.
“How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” —Wayne Dyer
If you’re after karma quotes that put things plainly, this one right here puts a fine point on it.
“People pay for what they do, and, still more, for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it simply: by the lives they lead.” —James Baldwin
A quote from the iconic James Baldwin explains how karmic just dues work. We all pay in our own ways but others pay very hard and that is reflected in the people they allow themselves to become. It’s one of our favorite karma quotes.
“It is impossible to build one’s own happiness on the unhappiness of others. This perspective is at the heart of Buddhist teachings.” —Daisaku Ikeda
This is one of the karma quotes that explains that the principle of karma is at the heart of Buddhist philosophy. It reminds us that happiness is best shared and not treated as something that can be withheld.
“Live a good and honorable life. Then, when you are older, you can look back and enjoy it a second time.” —Dalai Lama
Here is one of the most important karma quotes about how the principle works over time. It’s not just about doing the right thing in the moment. By living an honorable life, you will get to relive those joys in a multitude of ways.
“The meaning of karma is in the intention. The intention behind action is what matters.” —The Bhagavad Gita
Do everything with intention. It’s as simple as that.
“Remember to honor the hand which reached out for you when you needed it, by being that hand to someone else who is struggling.” ―Greg Dutilly
Most of us have gotten where we are today because someone took a chance on us at one time. This is one of the great karma quotes about paying it forward and doing the same for someone else who could be struggling.
“I want revenge, but I don’t want to screw up my karma.” —Susan Colasanti
This is one of the funnier karma quotes out there that likely rings true to you. No matter how bad we might want to hurt someone in return, it’s not the right answer.
“If you’re really a mean person, you’re going to come back as a fly and eat poop.” —Kurt Cobain
Here’s another one of the humorous karma quotes. This one is from Kurt Cobain and it pretty much speaks for itself.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Timeless Dolly Parton Quotes That Will Fill Your Cup with Ambition
“The love you send into the world, you will find, is the love that returns to you.” ―Avina Celeste
Here is one of the karma quotes about the best way to get love is to give it. Love always returns, folks!
There you go! We hope you enjoyed these karma quotes that ask us to treat one another with respect and dignity. After all, we are only as good as the way we treat those around us, that includes the less fortunate and those in need of charity. Share these karma quotes and pass along the goodwill.
Andrew is an Assistant Editor for Mamas Uncut with over ten years of experience as a writer in the creative, marketing, and blogging spaces. After studying Film and Art History, he developed a passion for telling stories in a variety of mediums. Obsessively making lists, reporting celebrity news, and diving into emerging pop cultural topics are a few of his interests.
- 0.0.1 Motivational Nature Quotes
- 0.0.2 Energizing Nature Quotes
- 0.0.3 Zen Nature Quotes
- 0.0.4 Meditative Nature Quotes
- 0.0.5 Uplifting Nature Quotes
- 0.0.6 Galvanizing Nature Quotes
- 0.0.7 Encouraging Nature Quotes
- 0.0.8 Special Nature Quotes
- 0.0.9 Exciting Nature Quotes
- 0.0.10 Exhilarating Nature Quotes
- 0.0.11 Moving Nature Quotes
- 0.0.12 Striking Nature Quotes
- 0.0.13 Impressive Nature Quotes
- 0.0.14 Memorable Nature Quotes
- 0.0.15 Inciteful Nature Quotes
- 0.0.16 Stirring Nature Quotes
- 0.0.17 Mesmerizing Nature Quotes
- 0.0.18 Mysterious Nature Quotes
- 0.0.19 Beneficial Nature Quotes
- 0.0.20 Affecting Nature Quotes
- 0.0.21 Poignant Nature Quotes
- 0.0.22 Striking Nature Quotes
- 0.0.23 Compelling Nature Quotes
- 0.0.24 Charming Nature Quotes
- 0.0.25 Our Favorite Nature Quotes
- 1 Take a Look at Thought-Provoking Karma Quotes Below:
- 1.0.1 “If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.” —Buddha
- 1.0.2 “Show a little faith in someone when they need it. It’s amazing how it comes back around to you.” ―Garon Whited
- 1.0.3 “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- 1.0.4 “Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another.” ―Arthur Conan Doyle
- 1.0.5 “Often when someone hurts you, they aren’t hurting you because you are you. They are hurting you because they are them.” —Karen Salmansohn
- 1.0.6 “You cannot do harm to someone because someone has done harm to you. You will pay just like they will.” —Ericka Williams
- 1.0.7 “Karma is justice. It does not reward or punish, because we have to earn all that we receive.” —Mary T. Brown
- 1.0.8 “Karma is extremely efficient, if one is extremely patient.” ―Efrat Cybulkiewicz
- 1.0.9 “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely. —Buddha
- 1.0.10 “Men are not punished for their sins but by them.” —Kin Hubbard
- 1.0.11 “When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. Let go. It’s safe.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
- 1.0.12 “When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms.” —Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- 1.0.13 “When someone has a strong intuitive connection, Buddhism suggests that it’s because of karma, some past connection.” —Richard Gere
- 1.0.14 “Most times, how you treat your children is how they grow up to treat you.” —Terry Mark
- 1.0.15 “Before you act, you have freedom, but after you act, the effect of that action will follow you whether you want it to or not. That is the law of karma.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
- 1.0.16 “Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” —Edwin Hubbell Chapin
- 1.0.17 “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” —Wayne Dyer
- 1.0.18 “People pay for what they do, and, still more, for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it simply: by the lives they lead.” —James Baldwin
- 1.0.19 “It is impossible to build one’s own happiness on the unhappiness of others. This perspective is at the heart of Buddhist teachings.” —Daisaku Ikeda
- 1.0.20 “Live a good and honorable life. Then, when you are older, you can look back and enjoy it a second time.” —Dalai Lama
- 1.0.21 “The meaning of karma is in the intention. The intention behind action is what matters.” —The Bhagavad Gita
- 1.0.22 “Remember to honor the hand which reached out for you when you needed it, by being that hand to someone else who is struggling.” ―Greg Dutilly
- 1.0.23 “I want revenge, but I don’t want to screw up my karma.” —Susan Colasanti
- 1.0.24 “If you’re really a mean person, you’re going to come back as a fly and eat poop.” —Kurt Cobain
- 1.0.25 “The love you send into the world, you will find, is the love that returns to you.” ―Avina Celeste
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.