Six-Year-Old Chokes On Blue Face Mask Cooked In McDonald’s Nuggets’

One mom is enraged after her little six-year-old girl almost died after she choked on a blue face mask cooked into her McDonald’s chicken nuggets.

Laura Arber alleged how pieces of the masks were inside at least two of the 20 nuggets she purchased from the restaurant in Hampshire, UK this past Tuesday.

Six-Year-Old Chokes On Blue Face Mask In McDonald’s Nuggets'
Image via Shutterstock

The 32-year-old had decided to take three of her four kids to the branch to pick up the order before heading back to the family home to enjoy their meal.

Laura said as her kids ate dinner — she suddenly heard her six-year-old Maddie choking.

She said as her kids ate dinner, she suddenly became aware that six-year-old Maddie was choking. Laura revealed to Hampshire Live: “My little daughter just started choking.

“I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out there was just blue with the sick. I thought, ‘What on earth is this?'”

Six-Year-Old Chokes On Blue Face Mask In McDonald’s Nuggets'
Image via BPM Media

RELATED: Mother-in-Law Surprises Son and His Wife By Moving Next Door, Then Leaves Them To Take Care of Her House and Chickens For Months

“I didn’t even think it could be the chicken nugget, but I looked over at the box and all I could see was this blue coming out of another chicken nugget in the box of 20.”

She then shared how she realized a medical face mask was “cooked into it, like a part of the mixture”.

“It’s clearly a mask,” she said. “You can see the seam and how solid it is in there.”

After speaking to staff at McDonald’s on the phone, Laura returned to the store to speak to the manager. She was told nuggets aren’t cooked onsite at the restaurant and was not given an apology or reparations.

Six-Year-Old Chokes On Blue Face Mask In McDonald’s Nuggets'
Image via BPM Media

RELATED: YouTubers Phil and Alex Congelliere Reveal New Daughter’s Name Via Chicken Coop

“The worst thing was that they carried on serving them,” she said. “I just couldn’t believe the way the management [was] handling it. What if I had walked out of the room and my daughter had choked? She could have died. It’s a split-second thing.”

Ironically enough, Laura’s son was born in intensive care, and eventually stayed in accommodations provided by Ronald McDonald House Charities UK.

Laura said she always held the company to a high standard because of how they helped her but said her experience left her feeling disappointed.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “We are very sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.”

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.


Leave a Comment