josh duggar’s lawyers file motion to get his trial pushed to 2022

TLC Cancels ‘Counting On’ Following Josh Duggar’s Arrest on Child Pornography Charges

The Duggar family will no longer be gracing your televisions. It was reported on June 29, that TLC has canceled the family’s spin-off show, Counting On.

This decision comes after the eldest Duggar child, Josh Duggar, was arrested for child pornography. As Mamas Uncut previously, on May 5, Duggar posted bail after he was arrested and charged with receiving and possession of child pornography on April 30.

tlc cancels 'counting on' following josh duggar's arrest on child pornography charges
Handout

Currently, Duggar is living with family friends. The only minors he’s allowed to be around are his six children, whom he shares with his wife of 13 years, Anna Duggar. 

He is only permitted to see his children so long as Anna is present. She is also currently pregnant with their seventh child.

RELATED: Josh Duggar’s Lawyers File Motion to Get His Trial Pushed to 2022

TLC Cancels the Duggar’s Reality Show

Now, after 11 seasons, Counting On, which is the spin-off of the family’s first reality television 19 Kids and Counting, has been canceled. “TLC will not be producing additional seasons of Counting On,” the television channel said in a statement given to US Weekly.

“TLC feels it is important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately.” 

Similarly, it was also revealed that a judge has granted Josh’s legal team the extension they asked for. The 33-year-old father’s trial was scheduled to begin on July 6. Now, it is scheduled for November 18. 

Originally, his lawyer’s had asked for the trial to begin in February 2022, due to scheduling and not having adequate time to build a defense. 

tlc cancels 'counting on' following josh duggar's arrest on child pornography charges
Anna Duggar/Instagram

During his detention hearing, Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent Gerald Faulkner testified for the prosecution alleging that one of the files reportedly recovered from Duggar’s work computer revealed the sex abuse of a child ranging from 18 months to 12 years of age. He added that the images were “in the top five of the worst of the worst that I’ve ever had to examine.”

The Duggar family has not issued any statements regarding TLC’s decision to cancel their show. The last update on the family’s official website is of their statement following Josh’s arrest.

We appreciate your continued prayers for our family at this time. The accusations brought against Joshua today are very serious,” Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar said on April 30. “It is our prayer that the truth, no matter what it is, will come to light and that this will all be resolved in a timely manner. We love Josh and Anna and continue to pray for their family.”

However, Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo, who were stars of the spin-off have issued a statement of their own. “We wholeheartedly agree with TLC’s decision not to renew Counting On and are excited for the next chapter in our lives,” the Vuolos wrote, in part. “We’d like to thank our fans, friends, and the amazing film crew who have shown us love and support.”

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.

.