Now that Brian Laundrie’s cause of death has been revealed, the fate of his parents is being questioned. As Mamas Uncut previously reported, on November 23, the official autopsy report revealed that Brian Laundrie died of a single gunshot wound to the head.
His family’s lawyer labeled Laundrie’s death as a suicide. “Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide,” Steven Bertolino said in his initial statement. “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”
Laundrie’s remains were discovered in a Florida park near his parent’s house in October after he disappeared in September. Brian Laundrie was the only person of interest in his fiancé Gabby Petito’s murder.
Gabby Petito went missing in August while she and Laundrie were on a cross-country trip together. The former couple was trying to become social media influences after buying a white Ford van to live in during their travels.
They documented the modifications they made to the van and their travels on social media and YouTube. Petito’s body was discovered in September, eight days after she was officially reported missing.
Petito was found near the last spot their van was captured before Laundrie returned back to Florida in the van but without Petito. Her manner of death has been labeled as a homicide and the cause, manual strangulation.
Brian Laundrie’s Family Lawyer Addresses If His Parents Will Face Charges
Now, Bertolino has revealed in a new statement, he says he believes Brian Laundrie’s parents won’t face charges in connection to Petito’s murder. “I have no reason to believe any charges will be filed against Chris and Roberta Laundrie [Brian Laundrie’s parents] with respect to this case,” attorney Steven Bertolino told Insider.
RELATED: Gabby Petito’s Dad Announces Store That Will Help Fund Her Foundation That Helps Families of Missing People & Those Affected By Domestic Abuse
Bertolino’s comments come after an attorney representing Gabby Petito’s family claimed that prosecutors are considering charging “additional individuals.” In a statement obtained by Insider, attorney Richard Stafford said Petito’s family is aware “of the circumstances surrounding the suicide of the sole suspect in Gabby’s murder.”
“The family was asked to not comment and let the FBI continue their investigation and allow the United States Attorney’s Office to make a determination on whether any additional individuals will be charged,” Stafford continued. The investigation into Petito’s death is still ongoing, so far no charges have been made in connection to the case.
Sara Vallone has been a writer and editor for the last four and a half years. A graduate of Ohio University, she enjoys celebrity news, sports, and articles that enhance people’s lives.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.