A U.K. woman recently had her Goop (by Gwyneth Paltrow) candle in “This Smells Like My Vagina” scent — explode.
After winning an online quiz, Jody Thompson, 50, was gifted said candle and almost burned her house down after a “50cm flame leapt from the candle and out of the glass jar.”
50 cm is about a foot and a half.
Thompsan went on to reveal how the candle nearly caught her home on fire after it literally blew up.
“The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere.”
“I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room.”
Thankfully, she was able to get rid of the candle but unfortunately, her home no longer smelled like Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina…
Jody, who lives with partner David Snow in Kilburn, North London, said: “We eventually got it under control and threw it out the front door.”
Goop per the New York Post has “alerted the manufacturer to the woman’s issue and have also reached out to her to send her some goop products to help pass the days in quarantine.”
The candle is described on the Goop site as “funny, gorgeous, sexy and beautifully unexpected.”
Let’s just hope the products include an unexpected extinguisher of some sort….
With a background in the creative and educational fields, Amelia Finefrock is freelance writer, singer-songwriter and nanny based in Chicago.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.