Most people need a little alone time every now and then. Unfortunately, if you are a parent, alone time is… hard to come by, to say the least. It shouldn’t be that way, but it is. And sometimes you have to settle for what’s second best, so instead of alone time, you can settle for some alone time memes.
RELATED: 13 Highly-Relatable Parenting Memes Guaranteed to Put a Smile on Your Face
If you’re anything like us, this describes your typical weekend:
- Friday: Hosted friends for pizza party and decorated pumpkins. Attempted to clean up mess of both pizza and pumpkins while wondering why we don’t just go out to eat. Remember children have taken out Every. Single. Toy. and that is why we can’t go out.
- Saturday: Despite fact child has gone to bed much later than normal, am awoken an hour earlier than expected. WHY?! Build approximately 1000 towers. Go to park for hours. Drinks lots and lots of coffee.
- Sunday: Child went to bed early and woke up earlier than normal (again, WHY?!). Attend children’s birthday party at the park. Stop for lunch because child has only consumed sugar. Play date. Grocery shopping. Melt downs from all parties involved.
If the above sounds like something you’ve experienced, you might be craving some alone time. If you can’t get it IRL, we’ve put together some of our favorite memes that best capture the need for me time.
10 Hilarious Parenting Memes for When You’re Craving Alone Time
When you’re willing to experience the horrors of grocery shopping on a Sunday for alone time.
… In fact, I would rather that than take the kids.
But, also, this:
We’re willing to take ‘me time’ in any form.
Finally saw La La Land: Who’s ready to discuss?!
If everything else fails, a quick trip around the moon should give you just enough downtime.
The threat is real. Real appealing.
Stays up late to catch up on
Kids get to eat tons of sugar while you get time to yourself. Yes, please!
And, sometimes you just can’t get a break and your day is more like…
Stay tuned for more hilarious parenting memes about alone time (and all of our other parenting struggles) in future posts!
When I’m not hanging out with my three-year-old and husband in Brooklyn, I’m busy writing stories for Mamas Uncut and managing PR + Marketing for Magnolia Bakery, based in New York City. On weekends, you can usually find me at a local park or playground pushing my daughter on the swings, “researching” the best almond croissants in Park Slope or launching into impromptu family dance parties at home, the sidewalk or, every once in awhile, a restaurant bathroom. I’m still trying to master the whole parenting thing, but I have learned that copious amounts of coffee, humor and humility are involved on a daily basis.
- 1 10 Hilarious Parenting Memes for When You’re Craving Alone Time
- 2 But, also, this:
- 3 We’re willing to take ‘me time’ in any form.
- 3.1 Finally saw La La Land: Who’s ready to discuss?!
- 3.2 If everything else fails, a quick trip around the moon should give you just enough downtime.
- 3.3 The threat is real. Real appealing.
- 3.4 Stays up late to catch up on emails Netflix.
- 3.5 Kids get to eat tons of sugar while you get time to yourself. Yes, please!
- 3.6 And, sometimes you just can’t get a break and your day is more like…
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.