Despite what is going on between Amber Heard and Johnny Depp, in her private life, Heard—like Depp—is a proud parent. And over the last year, Heard has used social media to share a tiny glimpse into her life as a single mother.
As Mamas Uncut previously reported, Heard first announced she became a mom in July 2021. Along with a photo of her daughter, Oonagh Paige Heard, lying on her chest, Heard revealed becoming a mom is something she decided she wanted four years ago.
“I’m so excited to share this news with you. Four years ago, I decided I wanted to have a child. I wanted to do it on my own terms. I now appreciate how radical it is for us as women to think about one of the most fundamental parts of our destinies in this way,” Heard revealed.
“I hope we arrive at a point in which it’s normalized to not want a ring in order to have a crib. A part of me wants to uphold that my private life is none of anyone’s business. I also get that the nature of my job compels me to take control of this. My daughter was born on April 8, 2021. Her name is Oonagh Paige Heard. She’s the beginning of the rest of my life.”
Soon after announcing Oonagh’s birth, Heard took a few months off from sharing her daughter with the world. She then returned in September to share a photo of herself working out with her baby girl.
However, over the last few months, Heard has been a bit more consistent with sharing photos of her time spent with her daughter, although she is careful never to really show her face. This is fairly commonplace for well-known public people as of late.
She revealed that Oonagh is becoming her little “Mini me” with her matching water bottle and blonde hair.
“My little O is a year old today. I still can’t believe you’re here. The greatest year,” Heard said.
The defamation trial Johnny Depp brought against Amber Heard is expected to wrap up this week.
Sara Vallone has been a writer and editor for the last four and a half years. A graduate of Ohio University, she enjoys celebrity news, sports, and articles that enhance people’s lives.
- 1 Nearly 1 Year Ago, Amber Heard Announced She Became a Mom: Here Are All the Times She Shared Her Daughter With the World
- 2 “Multitasking mama,” Amber Heard captioned the photo. On Oonagh’s six-month birthday, Heard celebrated with an adorable photo of her baby girl standing on her lap. This also confirmed Heard became a mom in April and kept it a secret until she was ready.
- 3 However, over the last few months, Heard has been a bit more consistent with sharing photos of her time spent with her daughter, although she is careful never to really show her face. This is fairly commonplace for well-known public people as of late.
- 4 She revealed that Oonagh is becoming her little “Mini me” with her matching water bottle and blonde hair.
- 5 “My little O is a year old today. I still can’t believe you’re here. The greatest year,” Heard said.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.