Boy With 'Blank Stare' Stabs 7-Year-Old Brother To Death

Boy With ‘Blank Stare’ Accused of Stabbing 7-Year-Old Brother To Death

On Saturday night, officers from the Haltom City Police Department in Texas rushed to the home of Jacob Gabriel Brito, 7, after receiving reports that the boy had multiple stab wounds. Police now suspect that Jacob’s 20-year-old brother, Isidro Brito Bruno, was the one who caused the child’s fatal injuries.

On August 1 when police arrived at Jacob’s home at 9:45 p.m. — they discovered him wounded.

Boy With 'Blank Stare' Stabs 7-Year-Old Brother To Death
Image via GoFundMe

In a press release from the Haltom City Police Department on Facebook on August 2, police state how they immediately began to administer first aid to Jacob.

In the interim, Bruno had already fled the house by the time authorities arrived but police discovered him two blocks away from their house.

The brothers were in the living room while the rest of the members of the family were in bedrooms, according to their sister, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. After hearing Jacob’s screams, she came into the living room where she discovered her parents and another sibling trying to stop Jacob’s bleeding. He had stab wounds in his chest and back.

The sister then told police how Bruno was standing there with a knife and a “blank stare” on his face.

Boy With 'Blank Stare' Stabs 7-Year-Old Brother To Death
Image via Shutterstock

RELATED: Arrested Man With Multiple Charges Throws Baby Daughter Over Cliff After Stabbing Pregnant Wife

She described him to detectives as having blood on his wrist and remaining silent, according to Haltom City police.

Shortly after the attack, Bruno allegedly fled the house and Jacob was rushed to John Peter Smith Hospital. The child died shortly after from his injuries.

After finding Bruno, police took him into custody “without incident and provided first-aid.” He was found with stab wounds to his arms and stomach that police describe as “self-inflicted.”

Police have yet to determine a motive.

This was not the first incident where police visited the brothers’ home. Police have been to the home three times since May 2019 for mental health issues with Bruno.

Boy With 'Blank Stare' Stabs 7-Year-Old Brother To Death
Image via Facebook

RELATED: A 16-Year-Old Has Been Charged After Allegedly Stabbing His Mom and Twin Brothers to Death

Bruno was scheduled to appear for a virtual hearing on September 29, on a previous assault with bodily injury charge against his father from an incident that took place on May 18, 2019.

Currently, Bruno is being held in the Tarrant County Jail. He faces a capital murder charge and is being held on $250,000 bail. Jesus Ochoa, who is married to Jacob and Bruno’s sister, spoke to the newspaper and said the couple treated Jacob like he was their son. They helped raise him and have taken care of him since he was a baby.

“Jacob was a joyful person, very caring. He loved to put other people in front of him,” Ochoa said. “He was very giving to anybody.”

The family has since set up a GoFundMe account to raise money for Jacob’s funeral.

Leave a Comment