a 7-year-old boy from georgia swallowed an apple airpod and had to be taken to the hospital

A 7-Year-Old Boy From Georgia Swallowed an Apple AirPod and Had to Be Taken to the Hospital

A seven-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital after accidentally swallowing an Apple AirPod shortly after getting the snazzy wireless headphones as a Christmas gift.

At the time of the incident, the boy was home with his grandmother while his mom was at work.

The boy’s mom, Kiara Stroud, told WSB-TV that he had been holding one of the pods in his mouth and accidentally swallowed it. According to the news outlet, the AirPod is still in the boy’s stomach, but the doctors said that it would eventually pass on its own.

When they first got to the hospital, the boy got an X-ray where they could clearly see the device near the boy’s ribcage.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: One Dad Reveals How Apple Watch Changed His Son with Autism’s Life

‘This boy really swallowed his AirPod!’

a 7-year-old boy from georgia swallowed an apple airpod and had to be taken to the hospital
CreditL Kiara Stroud

“We actually saw it because it has metal in it, so we could see it in the X-ray and I’m like, ‘This boy really swallowed his Airpod!,” the boy’s mother told WSB-TV.

Stroud told the outlet that for now, they’ve decided to stick to old-fashioned headphones until her son is a bit older.

Stroud shared her story with the news station to warn other parents about the dangers of using the wireless headphones in the hopes that no one else would have to deal with an AirPod emergency.

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.

.

Leave a Comment