Do you ever find yourself lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, unable to drift off into a peaceful slumber? Or perhaps you’ve had one of those days where your mind buzzes with thoughts and worries, making it hard to settle down for the night. If you’re nodding along to these scenarios, this blog post might just be what you need.
We’ve curated a collection of 60 quotes designed to inspire tranquillity, encourage restfulness, and promote a good night’s sleep. These aren’t just any quotes; they are words filled with wisdom, peace, and serenity from various authors, poets, and thinkers. Let them guide you into calmness and relaxation as you prepare to end your day.
Inspiring Good Night Quotes
- “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” – Stephanie Meyer
- “The night is longer than a day for those who dream, and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Night is purer than day; it is better for thinking, loving, and dreaming. At night everything is more intense, more true. The echo of words that have been spoken during the day takes on a new and deeper meaning.” – Elie Wiesel
Uplifting Good Night Quotes
- “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” – E. Joseph Cossman
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” – Maya Angelou
- “The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.” – Haruki Murakami
Hopeful Good Night Quotes
- “This is the ending. Now not day only shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Adler
- “Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow.” – Allen Ginsberg
- “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and sun will shine brighter than ever.” – Ernest Hemingway
Good Night Quotes for Kids
- “The day is over, it’s time for rest. Sleep well, my dear, you did your best.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “I wish for you a good night of sleep, sweet dreams, and a smiling morning.” – Debasish Mridha
- “This is the end of the day, but soon there will be a new day.” – Bernard Williams
More Great Good Night Quotes for Kids
- “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today.” – Roald Dahl
- “Goodnight. Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere.” – Margaret Wise Brown
Even More Great Good Night Quotes for Kids
- “Good night, slept tight, awake full of joy at the morning light.” – Theodore Higgingsworth
- “Good night now, and rest. Today was a test, You passed it, you’re past it. Now breathe till unstressed.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” – George Orwell
- “When I say good night to you, I am wishing you a pleasant and restful sleep. Not a night where you have to count sheep. But one that you will wake rested and fine.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Good Night Quotes for Women
- “As night falls, every joy glows brighter.” – Mason Cooley
- “And I start sleeping and dreaming and I think I’ll dream about you, all through the night.” – John Mayer
- “We love the night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds.” – Fitz-James O’Brien
More Good Night Quotes for Her
- “Good night. May you fall asleep in the arms of a dream so beautiful you’ll cry when you awake.” – Michael Faudet
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “Good night, my angel. Time to close your eyes.” – Billy Joel
More Quotes for Her
- “I love the silent hour of night, For blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight What may not bless my waking eyes.” – Anne Brontë
- “No wonder Sleeping Beauty looked so good… she took long naps, never got old, and didn’t have to do anything but snore to get her Prince Charming.” – Olive Green
- “After an exhausting day, it is only fair that we have a sweet sleep.” – Unknown
Good Night Quotes for Men
- “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” – John Steinbeck
- “The sea will grant each man new hope, and sleep will bring dreams of home.” – Christopher Columbus
More Quotes for Him
- “You are my blue crayon—the one I never have enough of—the one I use to color my sky.” – A.R. Rasher
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish Proverb
- “I think about you constantly, whether it’s with my mind or my heart.” – Terri Guilemets
Final Quotes for Men
- “The day is over, the night is here, know that I love you today and forever, my dear.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “I just want to say, good night, sweet prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.” – Harry Dean Stanton
- “Life always offers you a second chance. It’s called tomorrow.” – Dylan Thomas
- “Sunset is the opening music of the night.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Short Good Night Quotes
- “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.” – Homer
- “Good night, and good luck.” – Edward R. Murrow
- “Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama
More Short Yet Sweet Quotes
- “Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.” – William Shakespeare
- “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” – Sarah Williams
- “Love you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
Even More Quotes That Get Right to the Point
- “Listen to the night sky; the mockingbird always sings you my lullaby.” – Jmemo
- “The night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “It was the possibility of darkness that made the day seem so bright.” – Stephen King
- “Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, What more is there to say than goodnight? – Jimmy Durante
Religious Quotes for Sleep
- “Dear Jesus, teach me to daily lay my burdens at your feet. Show me I can trust in your loving care. Grant me, your beloved, the nourishing blessing of rest and peaceful sleep.” – Rachel Olsen
- “Oh Lord, Go with each of us to rest; if any awake, temper to them the dark hours of watching; and when the day returns, return to us, our sun and comforter, and call us up with morning faces and with morning hearts, eager to labor, eager to be happy, and if the day be marked for sorrow, strong to endure it.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
More Quotes to Use as Prayers
- “Jesus, tender shepherd, hear me. Bless this little lamb tonight. Through the darkness be down near me, keep me safe till morning light.” – Mary Duncan
- “As I lay down in sleep to safely wake again only by Your grace, keep me in a joyful, lively remembrance that whatever happens, I will someday know my final rising — the resurrection — because Jesus Christ lay down in death for me and rose for my justification. In His name I pray, Amen.” – Tim Keller
Even More Prayerful Quotes
- “Father, we thank thee for the night, and for the pleasant morning light. For rest and food and loving care, and all that makes the day so fair. Help us to do the things we should, to be to others kind and good. In all we do, in work or play, to grow more loving every day.” – Rebecca Weston
- “Grant me a good night’s sleep tonight, God, so that I can awake refreshed and ready to begin another day loving you. Thank you again for blessings so undeserved and too numerous to count.” – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
- “Father, thank you for holding me together today. I needed you, and you were there for me. Thank you for every bit of love, mercy, and grace that was shown to me though I did not deserve it. Thank you for your faithfulness even in my suffering. To you alone be the glory. Amen.” – Topher Haddox
- “Heavenly Father, who gives rest to His children — will You wash over me a peace that passes all understanding as I lay down to sleep tonight? I ask that You would ease the load of the burdens I am carrying.” – Lysa TerKeurst
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Simply the Best Tina Turner Quotes to Inspire You
Final Praiseworthy Good Night Quotes
- “Lord, thank You for providing a rest for my soul that’s not attached to a person or experience. You created me for this rest, and I accept it now. Help me fully trust You with my heart. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.” – Glynnis Whitwer
- “Heavenly Father, my day is drawing to an end, and I’m ready to turn in. But before I do, I have to thank you for your faithfulness today. It’s always a good day, even when things may not go the way I plan, or when the world seems in chaos because you are in control.For all the times when I was aware of your help today, all the times when your unseen presence seemed so near, thank you, God. But for all the ways you worked behind the scenes, unknown to me, moments when heaven-sent angels moved on my behalf in ways I’ll never know, thank you for those also, Lord. Amen. – Rebecca Barlow Jordan
As you tuck yourself into bed tonight, remember to let these quotes guide you toward serenity and restful sleep. Each one is a gentle reminder that every day has its end, and every night is a chance to rejuvenate and refresh for a new dawn. May they inspire peaceful dreams and a quiet mind as you say goodbye to the day. Sleep well, and awaken tomorrow refreshed, renewed, and ready to embrace the opportunities a new day brings.
For even more fantastic quotes, keep reading. We’ve got our favorite Tina Turner quotes to share with you. She’s simply the best!
Tina Turner on Being Labeled as ‘Strong’
In an interview with the New York Times, Turner opened up about her discomfort with being called a “strong” person. “I don’t necessarily want to be a ‘strong’ person,” she said. “I had a terrible life. I just kept going. You just keep going, and you hope that something will come. This [life] came.”
No matter what life throws at you, be sure to just put one foot in front of the next and keep going. This is some excellent wisdom from Turner to take to heart.
Tina Turner on Advocating for Yourself
In 1993, Turner got candid about standing up for herself in an interview with Vanity Fair. “You asked me if I ever stood up for anything,” she replied. “Yeah, I stood up for my life.”
This great quote is a reminder to put yourself and your well-being first and to stand up for yourself no matter what.
Tina Turner Encourages You to Be Positive
In her 2020 book, Happiness Becomes You, Turner had some encouraging thoughts on how you can reframe negative thinking for a more positive outlook.
“At every moment, we always have a choice, even if it feels as if we don’t. Sometimes that choice may simply be to think a more positive thought.”
Tina Turner Thinks It’s an ‘Exciting’ Time for Aging Women
Turner was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2021 at the age of 81. It was the icing on the cake of a career that’s spanned over six decades. Then, it should come as no surprise that she has some refreshing thoughts on aging.
“Fifty is the new 30. Seventy is the new 50. There are no rules that say you have to dress a certain way or be a certain way. We are living in exciting times for women,” she told the Daily Express in 2009.
Tina Turner On Resiliance
Those are wise words about believing in yourself enough to carry on and having the courage to face the unknown.
Tina Turner Wants You to Rid Yourself of What Makes You Unhappy
In a 1986 interview with Ebony, Turner had some direct advice for you and your happiness. She makes it sound easy but she’s not wrong.
“If you are unhappy with anything… whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self, comes out.”
Tina Turner Says It’s All About Perspective
According to Turner, you have to shift your point of view to appreciate the path you’ve walked in life. She opened up to Marie Claire South Africa in 2018 about how she now sees her life.
“People think my life has been tough, but I think it’s been a wonderful journey. The older you get, the more you realize it’s not what happened, it’s how you deal with it.”
Tina Turner’s Beauty Secret Is One for the Books
“My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot of how you look has to do with how you feel about yourself and your life,” Turner told Woman & Home magazine in 2016.
She could have shared a product she couldn’t live without but instead, she made it about self-esteem and being happy with yourself. How beautiful.
Tina Turner on Legacy
“My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end because I believed in something inside of me. So, my legacy is a person that strived for wanting it better and got it,” Turner told Oprah during an August 2013 interview.
Words to live by, right? Let’s all try to believe in something inside of ourselves!
Tina Turner on Finding Your Power
Turner also told Ebony in 1986 that the power she found inside herself is how she achieved her personal and professional success.
“The real power behind whatever success I have now was something I found within myself—something that’s in all of us.”
Tina Turner Knows Sometimes You’re the Only Person You Can Count On
As we mentioned, Turner had a difficult past. She opened up about having to find her own strength when others don’t have any to share with her in her 2018 memoir, My Love Story.
“I didn’t have anybody. Really, no foundation in life, so I had to make my own way. Always, from the start. I had to go out in the world and become strong, to discover my mission in life.”
Tina Turner Doesn’t Want You to Dwell on Age or Beauty
Turner spoke with Woman & Home magazine in 2016 about aging and how to do it right. We already know that Turner views her secret to beauty as self-confidence; let’s see what else she has to say about it.
“You can’t get hung up on age or beauty because you’re then always chasing after something you’ll never get back.”
The living legend told Oprah for the May 2005 issue of O how she practices honesty and what it means to her. She wants to deliver the truth and you should too.
“My wish is to give the kind of truth to people that will help them change their minds. When that happens, I’ll be the best that I can be.”
Tina Turner Encourages a ‘Childlike View of Life’
Speaking with Oprah in the same issue of O, Turner explained how she practices self-love and it has a lot to do with outlook.
“I like me very much. When I look in the mirror and my skin glows back at me, I think, ‘Wow, that sure is pretty.’ I have a simple, childlike view of life, and I want to keep it.”
Tina Turner Wants You to Find What Always Motivates You
“It is not in my nature to stay down for long. I’ve always found a way to get up again. What gives you the power to stand up again and again?” Turner asked in her book, Happiness Becomes You.
So, what motivates you to stand up again and again? I think we’d all be wise to find it and live by her words on keeping going forward.
Tina Turner Wants You to Chase Your Dreams
In her book, Happiness Becomes You, Turner shares all sorts of encouraging and motivational sentiments to help you build yourself and find the courage to go after whatever you want in life.
“Never give up! You can make the impossible possible and fulfill your dreams to be happy. What is your favorite dream?”
Tina Turner Wants You to Have Faith in Yourself
“For me, faith means recognizing the potential for happiness that exists within yourself. What does faith mean to you?”
It’s an important question that Turner poses here about finding faith in yourself and exploring your faith more broadly. Always having “the potential for happiness” is a pretty powerful idea to put your faith in. This quote was also pulled from Happiness Becomes You.
Tina Turner Wants You to Find Your Inner Light
“Love and respect yourself, live a life you can love, use every day and take good care of yourself and your body,” Turner writes in Happiness Becomes You. “These steps can help you to bring your inner light to shine.”
“The brighter my light shined the better my life became. What makes your inner light shine?” she also asks in the book.
Tina Turner Knows That Personal Happiness Is Only Possible When You Respect Others
“Always remember: Your personal happiness also depends on the respect you show to others,” Turner advises in Happiness Becomes You.
“By honoring each other’s ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, we become stronger and happier,” she adds.
“How did you learn to love yourself?” Turner asks in Happiness Becomes You.
“Whenever I had a negative thought, I repeated a positive one eight times in a row to counteract it. This is how I started to love myself,” she also shared.
Wow! What a great tip you can put into practice immediately.
Tina Turner Wants You to Discover Your Life’s Mission
“If you don’t have a good day today and feel down, remember that you were born with a special mission,” Turner also writes in Happiness Becomes You.
“Each of us is born with a unique mission, a purpose in life that only we can fulfill. What is your mission?” she urges you to ask yourself.
Tina Turner Says the Key to Wisdom Is Acceptance
“I’m not wise, but the beginning of wisdom is there; it’s like relaxing into – and an acceptance of – things,” Turner is credited with saying.
This is such a great quote about wisdom being the acceptance we can find for ourselves, our lives, and the lives of others.
Tina Turner Is Open to a Variety of Religions
“I never close a door on any other religion,” Turner said. “Most of the time, some part of it makes sense to me. I don’t believe everyone has to chant just because I chant. I believe all religion is about touching something inside of yourself.”
She seems to be tapping into a universal truth here that I think all of us should take to heart.
Tina Turner Never Doubted Her Comeback
“I didn’t worry about it,” she said of her career. “Because I kind of felt I left a good message and memory with the people in terms of my work, and I always felt with a good record, I could always come back.”
May we all channel Turner’s energy from this quote into our own professional lives.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Life Is Short Quotes That Will Remind You to Not Take Any Minute for Granted
Tina Turner Wants You to Tap Into Your ‘Higher Level of Mentality’
“But I believe we have a higher level of mentality within us, but we have to use the power in the right way,” Turner said about finding your higher self. Perhaps we should all meditate more.
- 1 Inspiring Good Night Quotes
- 2 Uplifting Good Night Quotes
- 3 Hopeful Good Night Quotes
- 4 Good Night Quotes for Kids
- 5 More Great Good Night Quotes for Kids
- 6 Even More Great Good Night Quotes for Kids
- 7 Good Night Quotes for Women
- 8 More Good Night Quotes for Her
- 9 More Quotes for Her
- 10 Good Night Quotes for Men
- 11 More Quotes for Him
- 12 Final Quotes for Men
- 13 Short Good Night Quotes
- 14 More Short Yet Sweet Quotes
- 15 Even More Quotes That Get Right to the Point
- 16 Religious Quotes for Sleep
- 17 More Quotes to Use as Prayers
- 18 Even More Prayerful Quotes
- 19 Still More
- 20 Final Praiseworthy Good Night Quotes
- 21 Tina Turner on Being Labeled as ‘Strong’
- 22 Tina Turner on Advocating for Yourself
- 23 Tina Turner Encourages You to Be Positive
- 24 Tina Turner Thinks It’s an ‘Exciting’ Time for Aging Women
- 25 Tina Turner On Resiliance
- 26 Tina Turner Wants You to Rid Yourself of What Makes You Unhappy
- 27 Tina Turner Says It’s All About Perspective
- 28 Tina Turner’s Beauty Secret Is One for the Books
- 29 Tina Turner on Legacy
- 30 Tina Turner on Finding Your Power
- 31 Tina Turner Knows Sometimes You’re the Only Person You Can Count On
- 32 Tina Turner Doesn’t Want You to Dwell on Age or Beauty
- 33 13.
- 34 Tina Turner Encourages a ‘Childlike View of Life’
- 35 Tina Turner Wants You to Find What Always Motivates You
- 36 Tina Turner Wants You to Chase Your Dreams
- 37 Tina Turner Wants You to Have Faith in Yourself
- 38 Tina Turner Wants You to Find Your Inner Light
- 39 Tina Turner Knows That Personal Happiness Is Only Possible When You Respect Others
- 40 Tina Turner Shares Her Rule of 8 for Self-Love
- 41 Tina Turner Wants You to Discover Your Life’s Mission
- 42 Tina Turner Says the Key to Wisdom Is Acceptance
- 43 Tina Turner Is Open to a Variety of Religions
- 44 Tina Turner Never Doubted Her Comeback
- 45 Tina Turner Wants You to Tap Into Your ‘Higher Level of Mentality’
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.