Vanessa Fanfulla and her two daughters, Mila and Aisha, were walking out of their home when they were surprised by a venomous snake. According to Storyful, the snake was eventually revealed to be an eastern brown snake, which is native to Fanfulla’s native Australia.
As the Australian Museum reports, the eastern brown snake is dangerous and highly venomous. But thanks to Fanfulla’s quick reaction, the brown snake that made its way onto their front porch didn’t hurt her little ones or herself.
And while brown snake may be native to parts of Australia, Fanfulla’s partner Wayne Loats told Storyful that it was only the second time they’ve ever come upon a brown snake near their home.
“We have had a common tree snake often venture on top of our fence. There was only one other time when we encountered a mature eastern brown snake who came into our yard to seek shelter under our deck, probably looking for food.
Mom Narrowly Saves Daughters From Venomous Snake That Was on Front Porch
“It left our deck, proceeded across our back lawn to our front door and then disappeared into our neighbor’s yard,” Loats added. “Unfortunately, the snake met my shovel because it was so close to my family.”
And as Loats wrote on Facebook, It was “so scary and so lucky. Watch this encounter the girls had with an Eastern Brown snake this afternoon. So thankful and lucky the girls are all good and didn’t get bitten. Well done, Vanessa Fanfulla, super Mumma.”
Wow, doesn’t this video just make your skin crawl? Thank goodness Fanfulla was there to protect her girls and no one got hurt.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.