BREAKING: Sacramento Mass Shooting Suspect Detained

A 26-year-old man has been detained following a shooting spree that claimed the lives of six and wounded 12 others. According to NBC News, Dandre Martin has been charged with assault and illegal firearm possession.

Sacramento police have not made it clear if more charges are expected. NBC News also reported that during their investigation, Sacramento police served three search warrants. Officers collected over 100 shell casings at the scene of the shooting.

BREAKING: Sacramento Mass Shooting Suspect Detained

RELATED: Aly & AJ’s Tour Bus ‘Caught in the Crossfire’ of Mass Shooting in Sacramento

During those searches, at least one handgun was repossessed. Those who were injured in the shooting have suffered wounds that range in severity.

CNN has since released the identities of the men and women who were killed during Sunday’s shooting. In no particular order, the victims have been identified as Johntaya Alexander, 21, Melinda Davis, 57, Sergio Harris, 38, Joshua Hoye-Lucchesi, 32, Yamile Martinez-Andrade, 21, Devazia Turner, 29.

CNN also spoke with Sergio Harris’s mom, Pamela Harris, who said her son was always happy and never bothered anyone. “My son was a very vivacious young man. And for this to happen, it’s crazy. And I’m just to the point right now (where) I don’t know what to do. I don’t even think this is real.”

Although it remains unclear why such violence occurred, with Martin in custody, maybe some of those questions can finally receive answers. On Sunday, Sacramento Police Chief Katherine said that it is known “that a large fight took place just prior to the shootings. And we have confirmed that there are multiple shooters.”

Police have not yet provided an update if they have knowledge of who the other shooters are yet. California Attorney General Rob Bonta said in his statement that “enough is enough” when it comes to these mass shootings.

“There have been about as many mass shootings in America as days so far in 2022. My office continues our work to get illegal guns off our streets, hold those responsible for gun violence accountable, and push for — and defend in court — commonsense gun laws,” Bonta continued. “This work is urgent. We must act now.”

As Mamas Uncut previously reported, singers Aly and AJ Michalka are “devastated” following the mass shooting that took place in Sacramento, California. The duo, who go by Aly & AJ professionally, were in the area after hosting a show at the Crest Theatre on April 2. Their tour bus was caught in the crossfire but no one was hurt.

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.

.