Selma Blair has been granted a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend, Ronald Carlson.
The actor filed for a protective order late last month against Carlson who she had dated for roughly seven years prior to their split. She claims she was physically attacked by him in her home on February 22.
Selma Blair Alleges She Was Attacked by Ronald Carlson Shortly After Completing a Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis.
Selma Blair, 49, said the alleged attack occurred after Carlson returned a television to her home. The incident happened minutes after the Cruel Intentions actor had completed treatment for multiple sclerosis, court documents say. Blair said the treatment left her feeling weak and she explained to Carlson that she was not feeling well as he was returning keys to her.
According to the documents, Blair said her ex responded by, first, verbally assaulting her calling her “useless.” “I don’t f***ing deserve this, I can do so much better than you,” he allegedly said to her.
She claims that the situation escalated as Carlson “became enraged” and then he physically attacked her, “jumping on top of her body while she was lying prone on the sofa.” In the filing, she also said he “strangled her, throttling her and shaking her head and shoulders aggressively.”
In order to protect herself, Blair said she shoved her fingers into her ex’s eyes and mouth while she screamed for her housekeeper to come to her aid. Blair alleges that Carlson responded by shoving her face down into the couch, making her “unable to breathe.”
Blair claims that she briefly lost consciousness before she awoke and continued to physically escape her ex who then slapped her and pushed her head in a way, “causing her to fall back to the floor and begin to bleed from her nose,” the court documents allege.
Eventually, Carlson left Blair’s home and at that point, she called the Los Angeles Police Department. After the authorities arrived, Blair explained the situation and her nose began to bleed before she passed out. She was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance for treatment.
That same evening, Carlson was arrested for felony of domestic violence with corporal injuries. With Carlson in custody, the LAPD obtained a protective order against him for the next five days. Police encouraged Blair to quickly file for a restraining order before the five-day protective order expired.
The court documents also included photos of Blair taken by the LAPD. The photos are alleged to show marks on her hands and bruising around her neck and chin.
Blair also claimed that she had been especially fearful because her ex had an unregistered and loaded firearm in his home that he had threatened to kill her with during the alleged attack.
On February 25, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge granted Blair’s restraining order against Carlson. In turn, he filed a restraining order against Blair but that request was denied.
What a terrifying situation that Blair claims she endured. Domestic violence is all too prevalent today. If you are experiencing it, you’re not alone. Call the National Domestic Abuse Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or visit thehotline.org.
Andrew is a Chicago-based writer who enjoys finding the best of the internet, obsessively making lists, and cooking for friends. After studying Film and Art History, he developed a deep love for both topics. Celebrity news, pop culture, and stories that bring people together are his passions.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.