Two Juveniles Charged In Shooting Near Kansas City Chiefs Parade Route

Two more suspects were arrested and charged on February 20, in connection to the Kansas City Chiefs Parade shooting.

In a news conference, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker revealed two adult men where charged with murder. “Dominic Miller and Lyndell Mays face charges of second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon, and two counts of armed criminal action.”

Both men are being held of $1 million bonds while they remained guarded by law enforcement in the hospital. Both Miller and Mays sustained gunshot wounds in the chaos.

Earlier reports confirmed that the shooting was a result of an argument between parade goers. “That argument very quickly escalated,” Baker said.

DEVELOPING UPDATE: On February 16, two juveniles were charged in connection to the Chiefs Championship parade shooting.

According to NBC News, the two juveniles are currently being held at a juvenile detention center on gun-related charges and resisting arrest charges.

UPDATE: At least one person was killed, and 22 more injured in the shooting that occurred at the end of the Kansas City Chiefs parade. Now a video of bystanders tackling a person believed to be one of the suspects arrested is going viral.

According to ESPN, the identity of those injured have not been released. In a note to the press following the tragedy, Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves, “I’m angry at what happened today.”

Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder confirmed that he, the coaching staff, and the team were already on the buses back to Arrowhead Stadium when the shooting had occurred. As news of the shooting reached the team, several members have shared their thoughts and prayers.

A shooting has been reported near the parade route where the Kansas City Chiefs are celebrating their Super Bowl win.

According to KMBC, “The Kansas City Fire Department confirmed a shooting happened and is calling it a ‘fluid situation.’”

Reports reveal that several people near Union Station were struck and that two suspects were arrested.

Reporter James Palmer shared a video of the scary moment, revealing that they were “escorted away from union station after being told to get under the stage we were hosting the parade.”

It’s unclear where the team and other members of the Chiefs organization were at the time of the shooting.

RELATED: Travis Kelce Speaks Out After Andy Reid Reveals What Happened Between Him and Travis Kelce on the Sidelines at the Super Bowl

This is a developing report. Mamas Uncut will provide updates as they become available.

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.

Scroll to Top