woman almost dies of wedgie from jean shorts while on a date

Woman Almost Dies Of Wedgie From Jean Shorts While On A Date

A 25-year-old from North Carolina went on a date sporting jean shorts that almost cost the young adult her life.

Sam shared her story via TikTok about how the wedgie created by her shorts and underwear caused her to spend four days in the ICU with cellulitis and sepsis.

@imtoooldtobeonthis

##greenscreen moral of the story: tight shorts are OUT! ##CurameChoreo ##fypシ ##storytime ##ShowYourGlow ##fyp ##PepsiApplePieChallenge

♬ original sound – Sarah Cothran

RELATED: First-Grader Writes Letter To Old Navy Requesting Girls’ Jeans To Have Real Pockets

“The timeline goes like this: I went on a full day-date with this guy I was newly dating, and realized I was wearing very uncomfortable clothes,” Sam began. “I chose to ignore it and just enjoy my time. The next day, I felt very sore and then started feeling ill — just not 100%. That night, I noticed that I had a large bump where the chafing had occurred, and as time went on, it started becoming more painful. The pain was isolated to one spot and it felt like a throbbing, stabbing pain.”

Sam continued on, revealing how the next morning — she found herself at the hospital.

“The very next morning, I was in septic shock and rushed to the ER by my mom. I was shivering, very breathless, could not walk and had extreme body aches. They admitted me to the ICU, and that’s when I realized this was a bit more serious that I had anticipated. I was in the ICU for almost four days, where the doctors were debating debridement surgery (basically, cutting off the part of my butt that was infected).”

@imtoooldtobeonthis

Reply to @alyssakathryn1 ##greenscreen THE SHORTS. Pls don’t judge me for how I dressed in 2017 hahahah

♬ original sound – on here bc corona

RELATED: These Jean Shorts From Target Are $15 And Your Teen Will Love Them

“Most people were shocked that this could happen, BUT I was extremely surprised at the amount of people saying the same thing happened to them too! I’m happy I made the TikTok, and although it’s extremely scary to have one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me on the internet, it reminds people that we’re all human and experience weird stuff, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of.”

Sam hopes her story will urge others to pay attention to their body and advocate for your health.

“It’s important to know the signs of sepsis. Always listen to your body and your gut. If something is wrong, do something quick. If I hadn’t gone to the hospital when I did, I could’ve easily died. Also, wear what makes you feel comfortable.”

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.

.