A new video, which was recorded by a camera inside Kaseya Center, shows Conor McGregor escorting a woman by hand into a bathroom. What happened next remains under investigation, but the woman is accusing the UFC star of sexual assault and is painting a violent and disturbing picture of what happened.
First, let’s break down the video – the one, true piece of evidence we have at this point. The video, which is poorly recorded, shows a group of people huddling around a bathroom. McGregor is seen walking out of the bathroom, exchanging a few words with the alleged victim, and then leading her into the bathroom.
There didn’t appear to be any fight or rejection from the woman and her friend was seen following closely behind her – though she gets lost in the flurry of bodyguards. After they enter the bathroom, the door closes and several bodyguards surround the door – appearing to prevent anyone from entering or exiting.
That’s what we can see. What we’ve been hearing about the incident paints a different story and we already have conflicting stories from the alleged victim. Let’s first go over the initial allegations, which were first published by TMZ on Jun 15 and don’t appear to match up with what we see in the video.
In the initial report, she accuses Miami Heat and NBA security guards of forcing her into a bathroom, where Conor McGregor was already standing in a handicapped stall. When she entered, he allegedly forced himself onto her and made her perform oral and anal sex before she finally fled the bathroom.
She returned to the bathroom after realizing she forgot her purse, but the security guards wouldn’t let her enter. She eventually got through the mess and reported the incident to authorities, who then launched an investigation. As news of the investigation started to spread, Conor McGregor maintained his innocence.
“The organization is aware of the recent allegations regarding Conor McGregor and will continue to gather additional details regarding the incident. UFC will allow the legal process to play out before making any additional statements,” the UFC said in a statement on June 15, regarding the ongoing investigation.
Conor McGregor Claims Victim is Changing Her Story
Now that the video has been released, Conor McGregor and his legal team are claiming the alleged victim is now changing her story to better suit what we see in the video. As we can now see, she wasn’t forced into the bathroom by security guards and McGregor wasn’t already in a stall when she got there.
“After the video was released by TMZ, the claimant’s lawyer now has changed her story. Mr. McGregor welcomes the investigation, which he firmly believes will show the claims against him are false,” said McGregor’s lawyer, Barbara R. Llanes – who described the incident as ‘no more than a shakedown.’
The victim’s new story alleges that McGregor told her he had to use the bathroom. Moments later, she was approached by someone in a Nuggets’ jersey (seen in the video) who said Conor sent him for her. She thought Conor was going to take her to his hotel room, but he instead took her to the bathroom.
That wasn’t the only headline Conor McGregor made that day. Earlier in the night, he was a part of a break-in-the-action skit with Miami Heat’s mascot, Burnie. Promoting a pain relief spray, he jokingly punched the mascot in the face at mid-court, but ended up injuring the mascot (on accident) with the punch.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.