If you have ever purchased a birthday card and struggled with what to write inside of it, you are not alone! It feels like so many of us get writer’s block when it comes to crafting the perfect Happy Birthday message. Further, you may be wanting to post some birthday wishes for your friends and family on social media but aren’t sure where to start. These birthday messages will work excellently in this situation as well. We decided to take the pain out of it for you by compiling a list of messages that range from funny to sentimental.
We have messages for all of the folks in your life including your friends, family, coworkers, and much more. If you’re hoping to find the best sentiment to send someone on their birthday, read through the messages below to find the best fit.
Birthday Messages to Friends
- Don’t worry, I already know my present is your favorite. You should open your other ones anyway—you know, to be polite. Have a fabulous birthday!
- To a very special friend: Thank you for being in my life. I’m so happy to celebrate you today and hope you have a great birthday.
- Happy birthday to the person who has made such a positive impact on my life. I’m forever grateful for you and our friendship.
More Birthday Messages for Your Buds
- Happy birthday to the person who defines what a good friend is—honest, caring, loyal, and incredibly considerate. I’ve learned so much from you and can’t wait to see you thrive this year.
- No ifs, and, or buts about it: You really are the best friend anyone could have. Happy birthday!
- My dear friend: You truly deserve the best the world has to offer. I’m beyond grateful for our friendship and look forward to celebrating you today. Happy birthday!
Birthday Messages for Your Besties
- You’re thoroughly the best. Wishing a big happy birthday to one of my dearest friends—may it be a year for the books.
- May all your birthday wishes come true this year—happy birthday, friend!
- Another year older? Yep. Another year wiser? That’s debatable. Have an awesome birthday and enjoy the cake!
Send These Birthday Messages to All Your Pals
- A great day to celebrate a great friend! Happy birthday, and cheers to many more.
- Came for the cake, and stayed to see who got you the best gift. (Spoiler: It’s me.) Cheers to an awesome birthday!
- I’m so happy our paths crossed in this life. Wishing you a very happy birthday, my friend!
Birthday Messages for Coworkers
- It’s an honor to work alongside someone as kind and hardworking as you. Happy birthday, and cheers to many more!
- You work hard, and now it’s time to enjoy your special day. Happy birthday to a one-of-a-kind coworker.
- I’m so grateful you’re on our team. Happy birthday to a phenomenal coworker!
Birthday Messages for Your Work Mates
- Happy birthday, [name]! Thanks for making our shifts together memorable. Have a lovely day.
- Time to celebrate how incredible you are! Happy birthday to one of my favorite coworkers.
- To a great coworker: May your birthday be filled with joy and love. Have an awesome day!
Birthday Messages to Send Around the Office
- Wishing you a very happy birthday and a splendid year ahead.
- Sending lots of birthday wishes your way!
- Happy birthday! I’m so thankful we met through work and that we’ve gotten to know each other. Hope you have an extra special day!
Birthday Messages for Work
- May your birthday be as wonderful as you. Happy birthday, [name]!
- Thank you for all you do, both at work and in life. I hope this is the best birthday yet!
- You’re truly the best to work with. Happy birthday to the office superstar!
Birthday Messages to Her
- To the one who gives her all every single day: You inspire me to do my best and live life to the fullest. I’m eternally grateful for you and am so lucky to have you in my life. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday—may this year be filled with adventures, blessings and lots of laughs.
- Happy birthday! I can’t wait to see your beautiful smile light up the room for years to come.
More Birthday Messages for Women
- The journey continues! And yours is truly special. Happy birthday to a wonderful ray of sunshine in my life.
- Here’s to you and all this year has in store. Bring on the gifts (and the cake, of course).
- Cake, presents, the affection of loved ones—talk about a great day. Wishing you the happiest birthday yet!
Even More Birthday Wishes for the Special Woman In Your Life
- Today, we celebrate you and the beautiful life you have. May your birthday be as wonderful as you are.
- A one-of-a-kind birthday message for a one-of-a-kind gal. May all your birthday wishes come true this year.
- As we celebrate your latest trip around the sun, I can’t help but think of the light you shine on my life. Thank you for all you do, and may this be your best birthday yet.
More Fun Birthday Messages to Send Women
- Cheers to another year! Hope your day is filled with love (and lots of birthday cake).
- A sweet day celebrating a sweet girl—how lucky I am to know you. Wishing you a very fun birthday!
- Another trip around the sun is in the books, my dear. May this next trip shine just as bright.
Birthday Messages for Him
- My guy, you deserve to have all your wishes come true. Have an awesome birthday!
- Well, it’s that time of year again … time to celebrate a real special guy. Have a good one!
- Wishing the guy I can count on most the happiest birthday. You rock!
Fun Birthday Messages for Men
- Thank you for being such a great friend. I appreciate you so much and hope you have an unforgettable day. Cheers!
- Words can’t express how lucky I am to have you in my life. Thank you for being you and giving your all every day— have a fantastic birthday!
- It’s not about the years in your life, it’s about the life in your years … and man, you’ve lived quite a life so far. Excited to see what you do this year. Enjoy your birthday!
RELATED: 30 Funny Happy Birthday Memes That Will Bring the Laughs
Even More Birthday Wishes for a Dude in Your Life
- Cheers to the man of the hour! I hope it’s a great one.
- To a great guy on his birthday: May this year be filled with joy and success. Wishing you the best!
- I don’t know what I did to deserve having such an incredible guy in my life—but man, I’m counting my blessings. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays.
Final Birthday Messages for Him
- What a wonderful day to celebrate the man you’ve become. I’m so proud of you and hope you have the best birthday ever!
- An awesome day to celebrate an awesome guy! Hope this birthday is one for the books.
- I could write a novel, but the space on this card is limited, so I’ll keep it short. You’re the absolute best, man—wishing you the happiest birthday yet.
Birthday Messages for Parents
- [Mom/Dad], today we celebrate the incredible day you came into the world. Look at what you’ve built since then. I’m so proud to be your child. Wishing you the happiest birthday!
- My dearest [Mom/Dad], I really lucked out getting you as a parent. Thank you for helping me live my very best life, I’m eternally grateful. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to the most important person in my life. Thank you for being my confidant, cheerleader, and best supporter. I love you so much, [Mom/Dad]—cheers to your special day!
More Birthday Messages for Parents
- There’s no one like you, [Mom/Dad]. I’m so happy to celebrate your special day with you. Have an amazing birthday, and here’s to many more!
- Happy birthday, [Mom/Dad]. Your kindness, love and optimism never cease to amaze me. Time to celebrate all that you are and all the positivity you put in the world.
- Happy birthday to my role model and biggest supporter. I love you dearly and hope your day brings you nothing but happiness
Birthday Messages for Your Folks
- Break out the cake! Happy birthday to the best parent in the world (in my totally unbiased opinion). I love you and wish you the best year yet.
- [Mom/Dad], words can’t describe how grateful I am for you. Thank you for all the laughs and life lessons. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!
- Did you know that when you look up “rock star” in the dictionary, your picture is there? Makes sense, considering you’re such a rock star parent. Happy birthday to the greatest person I know. Love you dearly!
Send Your Parent One of These Birthday Messages
- You’re a legend, [Mom/Dad], and it’s time to celebrate all that you are and all you do. Happy birthday to my favorite person in the whole world (and don’t worry, I know I’m your favorite too).
- There’s one common theme in my happiest memories: you. Happy birthday to my favorite person in the whole world. May your day be filled with 10 times the joy you’ve provided for others.
- As we celebrate you today, I can’t help but think of all the wonderful things you’ve done for our family over the years. I’m forever in awe of you, [Mom/Dad]. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, my hero.
Birthday Messages for Your Brother or Sister
- To my sibling and my very best friend: I’m so excited to celebrate you for your birthday. Let’s raise our glasses to the wonderful person you are. A birthday cheers to you!
- Remember, we could be thousands of miles apart, but our hearts will always be close. Wishing you an amazing birthday to my other half!
- [Brother/Sister], I love how selfless and endearing you are at your core. You always celebrate others, but now it’s time to celebrate YOU. Wishing you the best birthday yet!
More Birthday Messages for Siblings
- I don’t care what mom and dad say: You’re a keeper. Can’t wait to celebrate all that you are—happy freaking birthday!
- Happy birthday to the person who’s been my go-to buddy since day one. Here’s to many more years of shenanigans!
- [Brother/Sister], you’re like a fine wine: You’re only getting better with age. Cheers to a fantastic birthday!
If Your Sibling Is Your BFF, Send One of These Messages
- Here’s to the sweetest [brother/sister] I could have asked for. I love you so much and can’t wait to see what you do this year. Happy birthday!
- Brilliant, hilarious, gorgeous … you really are a triple threat! Sending you lots of love on your special day.
- I would say I love you to the moon and back, but that’s pretty far—how about to the mailbox and back? All jokes aside, I’m so lucky to have you as a sibling. Cheers to a wonderful year!
Final Birthday Messages for Siblings
- I can’t count how many lessons you’ve taught me, [brother/sister]. But the biggest one I’ve learned from you is this: Live well and love big. May you live well and love big on your birthday.
- Happy birthday to one of the greatest people I know. I wouldn’t trade our sibling bond for anything. Enjoy your day filled with love and celebration!
- When we were younger, I thought I was stuck with you. Now, you’re the one who’s stuck with me! Happy birthday to the best sibling anyone could ask for.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 11 Gag Gifts That Give the Gift of Laughter
Generic Birthday Messages to Send to All
- Congrats on getting another candle on the cake, bud!
- A great day to celebrate a very good person! Happy birthday, and cheers to many more.
- May all your birthday wishes come true this year—happy birthday!
Wow! Aren’t those festive birthday messages just the best? We hope you found some worthy of your consideration. We think each one offers something special. If you liked these messages, you might also want to send a funny birthday meme. We’ve rounded up dozens for you to check out. Enjoy!
The Best Happy Birthday Memes Await You Below:
“Happy Birthday!” this meme says, “Stay Golden, Girl,” it instructs. If you know someone who loves Golden Girls, you simply must send them this happy birthday meme. You can’t beat the expressions on these TV legends’ faces.
“Happy birthday to the most absolutely fabulous lady I know,” this happy birthday meme says. Similar to the previous meme, we find these memes helped along by the pop cultural touchstones that the imagery contains. We think this one is ab-fab!
“When people sing happy birthday to you and you just sit there like…” this happy birthday meme says over the image of a monkey’s face that seems to be grimacing in discomfort. If you know someone who does not appreciate a ton of attention, this could be the best happy birthday meme for them.
“Today is your birthday?” this meme asks before interrupting your reply! “False. Today is the anniversary of your birthday,” it adds. You know when you think about it like that, it does make more sense. Why do we just accept “Happy Birthday?”
“Don’t worry about getting older,” this happy birthday meme says. “You’re still gonna do dumb stuff, only slower.” Well, okay. That’s a rather brutal assessment of the situation but we guess we can’t argue with it. It’s how it goes.
You Make the Rules
“Happy birthday,” this meme says, “This year, do it your way.” We are fond of this lovely cat meme that shows a cat cradling a bottle of red wine, a glass, and wearing a pair of sunglasses. That cat really looks like it’s got this whole birthday thing figured out.
“Happy birthday, my friend,” this cute meme with dogs says. If you are trying to keep a friend of yours smiling on their birthday this year, this could be the right meme to send. We can all use a little help from our friends every once in a while.
It’s Going Down
“The birthday candles are not the only thing getting lit,” the caption on this meme reads. “Happy birthday.” If you and your pal are planning to party, party, party on their birthday, this would be an ideal happy birthday meme to send their way.
“Happy birthday, you sexy beast,” this meme says. We get an assist from Richard Simmons for this really playful happy birthday meme. Feel free to bless someone’s eyes with this meme on their birthday.
“Happy birthday, have the time of your life,” Patrick Swayze seems to suggest in this meme. If you know a big Dirty Dancing fan, you know what to do.
For That Cutie in Your life
“Happy birthday you sexy thing,” this offbeat meme featuring your favorite from Star Trek. There is such harmony and dissonance between the caption and the image that we feel that this birthday meme really delivers on in a number of ways.
We find a very excited, little pug in this happy birthday meme. If you would like to share some nervous excitement with a birthday pal, send this meme. Or, if you know someone with a small dog, they will also likely appreciate this funny meme!
“Happy birthday from one superstar to another,” this meme says featuring the Superstar herself, Molly Shannon. If you know someone who loved the SNL skits or the movie (who did not?) this is a solid meme to send. It’s funny but also it passes along a compliment.
“Happy birthday, you little spoon full of sugar,” Mary Popping seems to tell readers of this fun meme. Again, it’s another happy birthday meme that passes on a little sweetness with the laughs.
RELATED: 25 Celebration Memes for Every Happy Occasion
“It’s your birthday. I propose a toast,” this meme’s caption reads over an image of a cat inside a slice of bread. We love the “toast” joke here and we think many cat-lovers will also appreciate this one.
“Happy birthday. I was promised that I would receive a piece of cake,” this happy birthday meme says. If you are really only in it for the cake, send this meme to your birthday buddy. We are all in it for the cake, right?
It’s Not Wrapped
“I got you a birthday present. You’re reading it,” this happy birthday meme is captioned over the face of a cute girl. If all you are sending this year for their birthday is a meme, this one would do the trick rather nicely.
“I hope your birthday is as awesome as your hair in high school,” this meme shares. What a fun sentiment! We all had crazy hairstyles in high school and this is especially true for friends who went through a “big hair” phase. Make them laugh with a touch of nostalgia with this happy birthday meme.
“Do you know what rhymes with happy birthday?” this meme asks before answering “Wine.” It’s a funny joke and a great meme to send a fellow wine-lover. Also, if you have got plans to grab a couple of birthday drinks with your friend, you know what to do!
“Happy birthday, today we learn the letters O, L, and D,” this Sesame Street meme says. If you would like to low-key roast your friend on their birthday, you have found the perfect meme for it. Another year, another getting old joke.
“Happy birthday. You’re one in a Minion!” this Minion meme says. If you know someone who finds these cute, yellow creatures fun, this is the happy birthday meme for them.
“That face I made when I realized… the date! Happy birthday!” this very funny meme made from Home Alone says. If you accidentally forget a friend’s birthday, you can make it up to them with this happy birthday meme.
“Happy birthday must you have,” this cute dog seems to be saying while wearing a Yoda costume. If you have a friend who loves Star Wars or dogs or both, you have discovered the best happy birthday meme for them.
Such a Treasure
“You are a national treasure. Happy birthday,” this meme of Mr. Cage says. It’s weird and uncomfortable and oddly hilarious for all the wrong reasons. If you’re looking for a happy birthday meme, that’s cringy, you have found it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 8 Photos of Khloe Kardashian to Celebrate Her 38th Birthday
“Who’s a birthday girl? You’re a birthday girl,” this winking puppy says. We really love the animal happy birthday memes. Can you tell? We hope you found this one to be as adorable as we did. Send away!
There you go! We hope you found the perfect funny happy birthday meme to send your friend. If you liked these memes, keep reading for even more possibilities with our list of celebration memes that bring the party!
Andrew is an Assistant Editor for Mamas Uncut with over ten years of experience as a writer in the creative, marketing, and blogging spaces. After studying Film and Art History, he developed a passion for telling stories in a variety of mediums. Obsessively making lists, reporting celebrity news, and diving into emerging pop cultural topics are a few of his interests.
- 0.1 Birthday Messages to Friends
- 0.2 More Birthday Messages for Your Buds
- 0.3 Birthday Messages for Your Besties
- 0.4 Send These Birthday Messages to All Your Pals
- 0.5 Birthday Messages for Coworkers
- 0.6 Birthday Messages for Your Work Mates
- 0.7 Birthday Messages to Send Around the Office
- 0.8 Birthday Messages for Work
- 0.9 Birthday Messages to Her
- 0.10 More Birthday Messages for Women
- 0.11 Even More Birthday Wishes for the Special Woman In Your Life
- 0.12 More Fun Birthday Messages to Send Women
- 0.13 Birthday Messages for Him
- 0.14 Fun Birthday Messages for Men
- 0.15 Even More Birthday Wishes for a Dude in Your Life
- 0.16 Final Birthday Messages for Him
- 0.17 Birthday Messages for Parents
- 0.18 More Birthday Messages for Parents
- 0.19 Birthday Messages for Your Folks
- 0.20 Send Your Parent One of These Birthday Messages
- 0.21 Birthday Messages for Your Brother or Sister
- 0.22 More Birthday Messages for Siblings
- 0.23 If Your Sibling Is Your BFF, Send One of These Messages
- 0.24 Final Birthday Messages for Siblings
- 0.25 Generic Birthday Messages to Send to All
- 1 The Best Happy Birthday Memes Await You Below:
- 1.1 Stay Golden
- 1.2 Ab-Fab
- 1.3 That Face
- 1.4 Correction
- 1.5 Perspective
- 1.6 You Make the Rules
- 1.7 Smile…
- 1.8 It’s Going Down
- 1.9 Wink!
- 1.10 Have It
- 1.11 For That Cutie in Your life
- 1.12 Oh, Goodness!
- 1.13 So Super
- 1.14 Sugar
- 1.15 Cheers!
- 1.16 Promises
- 1.17 It’s Not Wrapped
- 1.18 So Awesome
- 1.19 Rhymes With
- 1.20 Always Learning
- 1.21 Very Special
- 1.22 That Face
- 1.23 Right!
- 1.24 Such a Treasure
- 1.25 Birthday Girl
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.