Everyone knows that kids say the darndest things, often with hilarious results. There’s something so pure about kids chatting away, sharing the honest truth whether you want to hear it or not. Their ability to say what’s on the tip of their tongue can be enviable at times, embarrassing at others, but always entertaining.
We’ve put together some of our favorite kids-say-the-darndest-things moments from the past few months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 13 Very Funny ‘OK Boomer’ Memes That May or May Not Make You Feel Old
15 Funny Things Kid Have Said
Sometimes having lower expectations is a good thing.
Though we’re kind of concerned about this kid eating an old ice cream cake.
It’s unclear how their math skills are though.
Kids really do adapt to technology so quickly.
Curious to see if the grocery store comes through with those Easter eggs.
Kid’s games can have SO many rules.
It’s their world and we’re just living in it, right?
Kids are 100% truthful.
Sometimes embarrassingly so.
It’s good to have cheerleaders.
Though we could do without them noticing we end workouts early.
Well, this kid is looking at the bright side of Zoom school.
At least someone is making the most of it.
Well, two out of three isn’t bad.
Still waiting on clarification about what “smells like grandma” means.
Sometimes it takes a while to pronounce things correctly.
But it seemed worth it to give the preschool a good laugh.
Kids have the best imagination.
But, no, you cannot play in the dilapidated car wash.
Given everything that’s happened this year, can’t blame him.
Would consider it for a vacation at this point.
So. Many. Questions.
Thank God for Google.
Celebrate that Mom Bod.
Even when your own kid calls you out for all of your wiggly bits.
They catch on to everything.
Don’t think they don’t notice.
And every once in awhile they catch you off guard by saying the sweetest thing ever.
Kids really do say whatever is on their mind, even when it’s a little awkward. Before jumping in to correct their mistakes, take a moment to enjoy their unintentional comedy – they won’t be that straightforward forever!
When I’m not hanging out with my three-year-old and husband in Brooklyn, I’m busy writing stories for Mamas Uncut and managing PR + Marketing for Magnolia Bakery, based in New York City. On weekends, you can usually find me at a local park or playground pushing my daughter on the swings, “researching” the best almond croissants in Park Slope or launching into impromptu family dance parties at home, the sidewalk or, every once in awhile, a restaurant bathroom. I’m still trying to master the whole parenting thing, but I have learned that copious amounts of coffee, humor and humility are involved on a daily basis.
- 1 15 Funny Things Kid Have Said
- 1.0.1 Sometimes having lower expectations is a good thing.
- 1.0.2 At least one of the kiddos learned about social distancing.
- 1.0.3 Kids really do adapt to technology so quickly.
- 1.0.4 Kid’s games can have SO many rules.
- 1.0.5 Kids are 100% truthful.
- 1.0.6 It’s good to have cheerleaders.
- 1.0.7 Well, this kid is looking at the bright side of Zoom school.
- 1.0.8 Well, two out of three isn’t bad.
- 1.0.9 Sometimes it takes a while to pronounce things correctly.
- 1.0.10 Kids have the best imagination.
- 1.0.11 Given everything that’s happened this year, can’t blame him.
- 1.0.12 So. Many. Questions.
- 1.0.13 Celebrate that Mom Bod.
- 1.0.14 They catch on to everything.
- 1.0.15 And every once in awhile they catch you off guard by saying the sweetest thing ever.
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.