Latina girl names are some of the most beloved across the Americas with many ranking in the US top 1000 most popular names for girls today. These appellations celebrate Spanish as well as indigenous traditions and heritages that live on forever in these cherished appellations. We took a look at the baby naming data collected by the Social Security Administration to discover the most popular Latina girl names in the US today.
Further, we looked at data collected from BabyCenter en Español to see what Spanish-speaking expecting parents are interested in these days. We discovered that parents are favoring shorter baby names that sound better with last names than longer names. Sofia is currently the favorite among Spanish-speaking parents with Latin American heritage today. Let’s take a look at other popular Latina names as well as some unique options to offer you a variety of appellations to choose from!
Check Out These Beautiful Latina Girl Names for Baby Name Inspiration!
Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- Abril – A Spanish name, meaning “April.” A perfect name for a spring baby
- Adelina– Adelina has Spanish origins and means “noble.”
- Adriana– Adriana has Latin origins as a female form of Adrian, meaning “man of Adria.”
- Aela – A Spanish name for girls, meaning “angel.”
- Aitana – Exceedingly popular in Spain and beyond today, Aitana is a Spanish place-name referring to a mountain.
More Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- Alejandra– Alejandra is the Spanish form of Alexandra, a name that means “defending men.”
- Alicia– Alicia is the Spanish form of Alice and means “noble.”
- Alma– A Latinate name, meaning “nurturing” and “soul.”
- Alondra– Alondra can be a pet form of Alejandra or a Spanish name meaning “lark.”
- Ana– Ana is the Spanish variation of the Hebrew name Hannah. It means “grace.”
Even More Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- Anam– Anam comes from Huasteco tradition and means “Earth.”
- Ana María– A compound name and Spanish form of Hannah and Mary, meaning “favored grace.”
- Ana Paula– Ana is the Spanish form of Hannah and means “grace.” Paula is the Latinate feminine form of Paul, meaning “small.”
- Andrea– Andrea is the female form of the Greek name Andrew, meaning “strong.”
- Angelina– Angelina is the Spanish diminutive form of Angelina. It means “angel,” which should come as no surprise.
The Final Round of Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- Antonella– A name of Latin origins, meaning “firstborn.”
- Antonia– Antonia comes from Latin and means “priceless one.”
- Araceli– Araceli is a Spanish name that means “altar of the sky.”
- Ariana– From Greek, meaning “most holy.”
- Ariché– From the Tarahumara people, meaning “dusk.”
- Avianna– From the Latin, Avis, meaning “bird.”
Beautiful Latina Girl Names That Start with B
- Belia– A Spanish name, related to Bella, meaning “beautiful.”
- Belinda– A name with Spanish and German origins, meaning “pretty one” and “serpent.”
- Bianca– Bianca is an Italian and Spanish name that means “white.”
- Blanca– A Spanish name, meaning “white.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with C
- Camila– The Spanish form of Camilla, meaning “temple attendant.”
- Carlota– A Spanish and Portuguese form of Charlotte, meaning “free man.”
- Carmen– The Spanish form of Carmel, meaning “garden.”
- Carolina– The Latinate form of Caroline, Carolina means “free man.”
- Cataleya– One of the new favorite Hispanic names today, Cataleya refers to an “orchid.”
More Latina Girl Names That Start with C
- Catalina – A Spanish variation of Catherine, meaning “pure.”
- Charita– A Spanish name from Hebrew, a form of Charity, meaning “princess.”
- Clara– Clara is a Latinate name, meaning “clear” and “bright.”
- Consuelo– A Spanish name with Latin origins, meaning “she who brings consolation.” The name refers to the Virgin Mary as “Nuestra Senora del Consuelo.”
- Cruz– Cruz is a gender-neutral Spanish surname-name that means “cross.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with D
- Daleyza– A new favorite Spanish name, meaning “delightful.”
- Daniela– The preferred Spanish form of Daniella, a name with Hebrew origins, meaning “God is my judge.”
- Dulce– A Spanish name of Latin origin, Dulce refers to the Virgin Mary’s name, meaning “Dulce Nombre de Maria” or “the sweet name of the Virgin Mary.”
Excellent Latina Girl Names That Start with E
- Elena– A Spanish and Italian form of Helen, meaning “shining one.”
- Elisa– Elisa is the Spanish form of Elizabeth (see below).
- Elizabeth– Elizabeth is a name with Hebrew origins that means “pledged to God.”
- Esmeralda– Esmeralda is a Spanish gem name meaning “emerald.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with F
- Fernanda– The Spanish form of Ferdinand, meaning “bold voyager.”
- Francisca– From Latin, Francisca means “free man.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with G
- Gabriela– Gabriela is the Spanish form of Gabriel and means “God is my strength.”
- Gabriella– A different spelling, both are equally popular.
- Gloria– Gloria comes from Latin and means “glory.”
- Guadalupe– Guadalupe is the most popular name for girls in Mexico and some 800,000 babies have been registered with it since 1930. The name means “valley of the wolves.” The name belongs to the Patron Saint of Mexico.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 25 Baby Names for Girls Inspired by Mexican Saints
Latina Girl Names That Start with I
- Inesa– A Spanish name from the Greek name Agnes, meaning “pure.”
- Irma– Irma is a German name but it’s also a variant of many others. It means “universal.”
- Isabella– Isabella is the Spanish form of a Hebrew name that brings us Elizabeth, meaning “pledged to God.”
- Isidora– A Spanish name from Greek, Isadora, meaning “gift of Isis.”
- Isla– A Spanish (and Scottish!) name for girls, meaning “island.”
- Itzel– Itzel is a Mayan name meaning “Rainbow Lady” and it refers to a mythological figure.
Latina Girl Names That Start with J
- Jade– From Spanish, meaning “stone of the side.”
- Jimena– Jimena and its variant Ximena (which is also on this list of Latina girl names) come from Spanish origin and mean “son.”
- Josefa– Josepha is another spelling of this name, but Josefa is the most popular way to get there. This Spanish form of the Hebrew name, Joseph, means “Jehovah increases.”
- Josefina– Josefina is the Spanish form of Josephine and it means “Jehovah increases.”
- Juana– Juana is the female form of Juan, meaning “the Lord is gracious.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with L
- Lacadia– A Spanish name, a form of Leocadia, meaning “splendid and bright.”
- Laurinda– A Spanish form of Laura, from Latin, meaning “bay laurel.”
- Leticia– Leticia has Latin origins and means “joy.”
- Liliana– The Spanish form of Lilian, this name means “lily.”
- Linda– A Spanish favorite that means “pretty.”
- Lola– Lola is a diminutive form of Dolores and means “lady of sorrows.”
- Lucía– A Latin name meaning “light.”
- Luciana– Luciana is the Spanish, feminine form of the Latin name, Lucianus (Lucius), meaning “light.”
- Luisa– Luisa has Spanish and Italian origins and means “renowned warrior.”
- Lupe– Lupe can be considered a diminutive of Guadalupe, which is most often the case in Mexican families, but it is also a standalone Latin name meaning “wolf.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with M
- Magdalena– A Spanish name from Greek, meaning “from Magdala.”
- Maite– Particularly popular in Chile today, Maite is considered a contracted form of María Teresa or María Esther. It has Basque origins and means “beloved.”
- Malena– Malena is related to Madalen or Madeline and means “woman from Magdala” and refers to the Virgin Mary.
- Margarita– Margarita is a Spanish name that’s related to Margaret and it means “pearl” or “daisy.”
- Mariana– The Spanish combination of Ana and Maria, Mariana means “grace” and “beloved.”
- Martha– Martha comes from Aramaic and means “lady.”
- María– A Spanish name referring to the Virgin Mary that means “bitter”
- María Elena– María + Elena: “shining light.”
- María Guadalupe– María + Guadalupe.
More Latina Girl Names That Start with M
- María Isabel– María + Isabel: “pledged to God.”
- María Luisa– María + Luisa.
- María de Jesús– María + de Jesús: “of Jesus.” It’s a common family name as well.
- María de los Ángeles– María + de los Ángeles: “of angels” or “The Virgin with Angels”
- María del Carmen– A Spanish name meaning “Maria of Carmel.”
- María del Rosario– A Spanish name meaning “Our Lady of the Rosary.”
- Mariangel– A compound name comprised of Maria and Angel, meaning “beloved angel.”
- Marisol– A Spanish contracted name coming from Maria de la Soledad (stick a pin in Soledad), meaning “Mary of Solitude.”
- Martina– From Latin, associated with Mars, meaning “warlike.”
- Maya– This is the retroactively given name to the Maya civilization. However, the Spanish form of this name relates to Amalia, meaning “work.”
- Miranda– A Latin name meaning “marvelous.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with N
- Natividad– A Spanish name from Latin meaning “of the Nativity” related to the epithet María de la Natividad.
- Nevada– A Spanish name, meaning “covered in snow.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with P
- Paciencia – A Spanish name, meaning “patience.”
- Paloma – A Spanish name, meaning “dove.”
- Patricia– A name with Latin origins meaning “patrician.”
- Paola – A Spanish form of Paul, meaning “small.”
- Paulina – Another Spanish, feminine form of Paul, meaning “small.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with R
- Ramira– A Spanish name, meaning “judicious.”
- Renata– From Latin, meaning “reborn” and associated with baptism and symbolic rebirth.
- Ria– A Spanish name that sounds so celebratory, meaning “small river.”
- Rio– For fans of big rivers, Rio might be more appropriate.
- Romina– A popular name in Spanish-speaking communities, Romina comes from Arabic and means “from the land of the Christians.”
- Ramona– A Spanish femme form of Ramon, meaning “wise protector.”
- Rosa– Rosa is the Latinate form of Rose popular in Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese.
- Rosalina– A Spanish name related to Rosalie, meaning “pretty rose.”
- Rosa María– Latin origins, meaning “rosemary.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with S
- Sabrina– A Latinate name, meaning “from the River Severn.”
- Sarita– A Spanish diminutive form of Sara, meaning “princess.”
- Savannah– A Spanish name, meaning “tropical grassland.”
- Sesasi– From the Purépecha people, meaning “beautiful.”
- Sierra– Sierra is a name with Spanish origins that means “saw.”
More Latina Girl Names That Start with S
- Silvana– Silvana comes from Latin, Silvanus, meaning “from the woods.”
- Silvia– Silvia is the preferred Spanish spelling of a Latin name that means “from the woods.”
- Sofia– From Greek, Sofia is related to Sophie, however, Sofia is a more popular form of the name among Spanish speakers (both Sophie and Sofia are huge hits).
- Soledad– We return to Soledad, which also refers to Our Lady of Solitude.
- Suré– A Tarahumara name, meaning “with heart.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with T
- Teresa– Teresa is a Spanish name meaning “to harvest.”
- Tia– A name of Greek or Spanish origin meaning “aunt” or “joy.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with V
- Valentina– A Latinate name, meaning “vitality.”
- Valeria– A name of Latin origins, meaning “strength.”
- Verena– A Spanish name from Latin, meaning “integrity.”
- Verónica– A Latin form of Berenice or the phrase, vera icon. It means
she who brings victory” and “true image.”
- Victoria– From Latin, meaning “victory” and “conqueror.”
- Violeta– A Spanish name with Latin origins, meaning “purple” or “the violet flower.”
- Viviana– A Latin name meaning “life.”
Latina Girl Names That Start with X
- Ximena– As promised, here’s the other form of Jimena.
- Xiomara– A Spanish name from German origin, meaning “battle ready.”
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 150 Spanish Girl Names
Latin Girl Names That Start with Y
- Yaritza– A Latin-American diminutive of Yara or from Brazil, meaning “water lady.”
- Yolanda– Yolanda is considered of Spanish or Greek origins, it means “violet flower.”
There you go! We hope you fell in love with one or two of these Latina girl names! They are such romantic and storied monikers that sound timeless and meaningful no matter what language you speak. As Latina names continue to grow in popularity in the US, we look forward to hearing these lovely appellations more and more. They’re truly exquisite!
- 1 Check Out These Beautiful Latina Girl Names for Baby Name Inspiration!
- 1.1 Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- 1.2 More Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- 1.3 Even More Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- 1.4 The Final Round of Latina Girl Names That Start with A
- 1.5 Beautiful Latina Girl Names That Start with B
- 1.6 Latina Girl Names That Start with C
- 1.7 More Latina Girl Names That Start with C
- 1.8 Latina Girl Names That Start with D
- 1.9 Excellent Latina Girl Names That Start with E
- 1.10 Latina Girl Names That Start with F
- 1.11 Latina Girl Names That Start with G
- 1.12 Latina Girl Names That Start with I
- 1.13 Latina Girl Names That Start with J
- 1.14 Latina Girl Names That Start with L
- 1.15 Latina Girl Names That Start with M
- 1.16 More Latina Girl Names That Start with M
- 1.17 Latina Girl Names That Start with N
- 1.18 Latina Girl Names That Start with P
- 1.19 Latina Girl Names That Start with R
- 1.20 Latina Girl Names That Start with S
- 1.21 More Latina Girl Names That Start with S
- 1.22 Latina Girl Names That Start with T
- 1.23 Latina Girl Names That Start with V
- 1.24 Latina Girl Names That Start with X
- 1.25 Latin Girl Names That Start with Y
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.
Baby Name Generator
No baby name sounding good? Want a quick way to generate unique baby name ideas? Try our baby name generator below!
Set your terms (sex of the baby, number of letters, popularity, etc.) and then get a list of names that meet your criteria. Maybe the perfect name is just waiting to be generated for you.