Mom Crochets Incredibly Accurate 'Alien vs. Predator' Costumes for Young Sons

Mom Crochets Incredibly Accurate ‘Alien vs. Predator’ Costumes for Young Sons

A mom and her sons are going viral after she crocheted two impressive Alien vs. Predator Halloween costumes for her boys. It’s something the mom has been doing for her family for years.

Based in Mentor, Ohio, Stephanie Pokorny has made it a tradition to crochet her children’s Halloween costumes. And as it turns out, the costumes end up looking more elaborate than if they simply bought it from a store.

You May Also Like: Trick Or Treat: 15 Halloween Memes to Make Holiday Prep Slightly Less Scary

The video! WAIT FOR IT! ???????? Jake has this DOWN!CROCHET XENOMORPH ALIEN MOVES AND GLOWS!.Fully freehand crochet costume by me for my son.I used LIT by Culture Hustle mixed with glow dark fabric paint from JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores and the glow is INSANE! It about glows in daylight!.This content is exclusively managed by Caters News. To license or use in a commercial player please contact licensing@catersnews.com or call +44 121 616 1100 / +1 646 380 1615

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Thursday, October 3, 2019

However, this year’s costumes are so impressive and realistic that the videos Porknoy posted of the boys dressed up quickly went viral. According to People, over the last two years, Pokorny’s 7-year-old son Jake and 4-year-old son Jack decided they wanted to dress up as the Alien and the Predator from the 2004 cult classic, Alien vs. Predator.

Costume #2! XENOMORPH ALIEN! ????Jake's choice and he has been asking, no BEGGING, since Predator, so here it is!…

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Thursday, October 3, 2019

And Pokorny’s clear and obvious talent left little to the imagination. “I have always loved Halloween so I think it is in their DNA to love it. They get right into the part! [There’s] instant claw swipes and growls.” And as the video she shared on Facebook shows, Jake and Jack immediately fell into character.

Now we are having fun. ????????ALIEN VS. PREDATOR but in crochet!Epic battle alert, who will it be?!(No babies were harmed in the making of this video. In fact, I told them to go easy, normally they would be rolling all over the ground. ????????)* Jukin Media Verified *Find this video and others like it by visiting https://www.jukinmedia.com/licensing/view/1075132For licensing / permission to use, please email licensing(at)jukinmedia(dot)com.

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Tuesday, October 8, 2019

She wrote, “Now we are having fun. ????????ALIEN VS. PREDATOR but in crochet! Epic battle alert, who will it be?! (No babies were harmed in the making of this video. In fact, I told them to go easy, normally they would be rolling all over the ground.”

PREDATOR!! Jake saw it with Patrick and loved it so he had to have it for his costume this year!

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Pokorny told People that each costume took a total of 50 hours to make over a two week period of time. She said every year, she pushes herself to “up the ante.”

“Every year the boys tell me what they want to be, so I make whatever they ask for. Each year I work to up the ante … just to see how detailed I can get and how realistic I can be. [The costumes] are actually really comfy. The weather is always so cold on Halloween, so their warmth is a total bonus.”

You May Also Like: Budget-Friendly Kid Halloween Costumes You Don’t Have to Make Yourself

And take a look at the other costumes Pokorny has done over the years. She has taken on Skeletor:

IT'S COSTUME TIME!! ???? SKELETOR!! Jack's pick this year and I am so excited my stomach hurts! He is fully freehanded, no…

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Frida Kahlo:

My crochet homage to my favorite artist for an art event tomorrow is complete! I tried to spare no detail. <3Frida Kahlo "Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird, 1940"Freehanded, No pattern.

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Thursday, January 24, 2019

Slimer:

Jack's choice this year! SLIMER!! ????????

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Monday, October 15, 2018

A gnome:

Jack has been "gnomed"!

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Sunday, March 4, 2018

Pennywise:

???????????? Old school Pennywise was the only choice for Jack this year. 10/10 creepy baby and I love him ♡

Posted by Stephanie Pokorny on Monday, September 11, 2017

And even Papa Smurf:

Pokorny said initially “it started out as a one-time thing but they loved it so much it is a real tradition now. The boys are really part of the process as I make them. We try them on and make sure they are comfy and fit right. My Jake will 100 percent let me know if something is off. He has a great eye for detail!”

How cool are these?

About Mamas Uncut

Mamas Uncut is the place for moms online. We cover the latest news around motherhood and parenting, plus entertainment news as well – all with a mom-focused twist. Looking for parenting advice? We have plenty of it, all for moms, from moms. Our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for. We don’t stop there though, we have expert advice on a range of topics, and all of our categories get updated multiple times a day, so if there’s one website for moms you need to bookmark, it’s Mamas Uncut. We cover it all, from the latest and trendiest baby names, in the US and all over the world, to advice for moms in the workplace, or mom to mom advice on balancing it all. Looking for an answer to a specific question you’ve have? Head over to our new answers section, where you can ask questions on a nearly endless amount of topics, and you’ll get answers fast – really fast. Mamas Uncut is more than just the place for moms, it’s the community of moms – all here to help, make friends, and more. Not sure where to start? Take a look at one of our key topic areas like Pregnancy or Relationships – if you’re looking for advice on a specific topic, there’s a pretty good chance that we’ve already written on it (a few times), or that it’s within our answers section. If you don’t have time to read the site every day, we also have a newsletter that you can control how often you want to receive – that way we send all of the must-see content for moms directly to your inbox – it’s that easy. So go ahead and take a look around, ask a question, or just keep reading, we’re glad you’re here.