Would it even be Halloween without pumpkins? They have emerged as one of the most beloved symbols of the fall season. We all love carving them up with our families to make Halloween decorations. You may be preparing to share your jack-o-lantern on social media and in need of a good pumpkin-inspired caption. You might be sending a festive Halloween card to a friend and are in need of a rousing quote to include. No matter what your reason may be, any reason is a good reason to share your pumpkin love.
We decided to round up our favorite pumpkin puns and quotes to share with you so that you’re not caught without the perfect sentiment to include in a note, card, text, or social media post. These very fun pumpkin quotes and puns are sure to deliver many smiles to many faces. Enjoy!
Just Some Perfect Pumpkin Puns
Let’s Get Punny
- Life is gourd
- Say hollow to my little friend
- Gourd vibes only
Fun Halloween Puns
- Gourd luck charm
- Get the latest scoop here
- I only have pies for you
More Pumpkin Puns
- The pumpkin of my pie
- Time to patch some z’s
- Let the gourd times roll
Aren’t These Puns So Gourd?
- Don’t gourd breaking my heart
- Jack of all lanterns
- Dang, you’re jacked
We Can’t Get Enough of Them
- Carved out some time today
- Looking gourd
Hollow, Can You Hear Me?
- Say hollow to my little friend
- Hollow, anyone there?
- I’m ahead of the carve
The Puns Will Strike a Gourd
- Let’s pumpkin spice things up
- You struck a gourd with me
- Nothing but gourd intentions
Keep on Rinding
- I’m on the rind 24/7
- What’s cooking, gourd looking?
- Be of gourd cheer
Did You Patch These Pumpkin Puns Yet?
- Patch you later
- Everyone just wants to have a gourd time on Halloween!
- Baby gourd back
Even More Fabulous Pumpkin Puns
- Gourd out of town!
- Go big or gourd home
- Gourdness gracious!
Now, Time for Some Pumpkin Quotes
- “We fancy men are individuals; so are pumpkins; but every pumpkin in the field, goes through every point of pumpkin history.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Sometimes I think that ideas float through the atmosphere like huge squishy pumpkins, waiting for heads to drop on.” — Neil Gaiman
- “Pumpkins are the only living organisms with triangle eyes.” — Harland Williams
- “Every pumpkin deserves to shine.” — Marion Meister
- “The pumpkin is a uniquely American plant, widely regarded as one of the most magical plants in all the world.” — Seth Adam Smith, Rip Van Winkle and The Pumpkin Lantern
- “Pumpkins, in October, as fat as the full moon, they sit on our doorstep at night and glow.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
- “I am falling in love with autumn, the smell of warm cider, the orange color leaves, pumpkins everywhere, and the crisp breeze.” — Charmaine J. Forde
- “What moistens the lip and what brightens the eye? What calls back the past like the rich pumpkin pie?” — John Greenleaf Whittier, The Pumpkin
- “Pumpkin spice lattes are eggnog for morning people.” — John Oliver
- “It’s midnight Cinderella, but don’t worry none. Cause I’m Peter, Peter the Pumpkin Eater and the party’s just begun.” — Garth Brooks
- “Way out in the country tonight he could smell the pumpkins ripening toward the knife and the triangle eye and the singeing candle.” — Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine
- “I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves.” — Ann Drake
- “Sometimes I wake up in the morning thinking about pumpkin pie.” ― Damien Echols, Life After Death
- “I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.” — Robert Breault
- “I’d say the first thing you need is… a pumpkin.” — Fairy Godmother, Cinderella
- “When life gives you pumpkins, make pie.” — Unknown
- “If you’re ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you’re good to go.” — Devendra Banhart
- “There are three things that I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” — Linus, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” — Henry David Thoreau, Walden
- “Give ’em pumpkin to talk to talk about.” — Unknown
- “The pumpkin lies yellow, beneath the cold skies, it’s luscious and mellow, and ready for pies.” — Walt Mason, The Pumpkin
- “Let’s be honest: you can’t celebrate fall without its leading role: pumpkin!” —Rachel Hollis
- “I will defend pumpkin until the day I die. It’s delicious. It’s healthy. I don’t understand the backlash. It’s delicious. It’s healthy. I don’t understand the backlash. How did pumpkin become this embarrassing thing to love but bacon is still the cool flavor to add to everything?” — Anna Kendrick, Scrappy Little Nobody
- “O’ pumpkin pie, your time has come ’round again and I am autumnrifically happy!” — Terri Guillemets
- “My favorite word is ‘pumpkin.’ You can’t take it seriously. But you can’t ignore it, either. It takes ahold of your head and that’s it.” — Harrison Salisbury
- “Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of a pumpkin.” — Simone Schwarz-Bart
- “There is magic in the nights when pumpkins glow by moonlight.” — Unknown
- “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices and give us the pumpkin-pie!” — Margaret Junkin Preston
- “October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins.” — Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
- “Apples, peaches, pumpkin pie. Soon your love will all be mine.” — J.A.Y. and The Techniques, “Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie”
- “There’s no such thing as getting lost in a pumpkin patch.” — Unknown
- “Once a pumpkin, Always a pumpkin.”— Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins
- “I’m no Cinderella, but I know that pumpkins are magical.” — Unknown
- “Advice from a pumpkin: be well-rounded, get plenty of sunshine, give thanks for life’s bounty, have thick skin, keep growing, be outstanding in your field, think big.” — Unknown
- “Why not imagine a talk with a pumpkin? Why not imagine going off for a drive with a friendly pumpkin, a companion who would not, after all, answer back; who would agree with everything you said, and would at the end of the day appear on your plate as a final gesture of friendship?” — Alexander McCall Smith, The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine
- “Being kept inside a pumpkin shell your whole life was no guarantee against getting flung into space.” — Barbara Kingsolver, Flight Behavior
- “The pumpkin is the older brother of the apple.” ― Corina Abdulahm Negura
- “Pumpkin pie is a living symbol of mediocrity. The best pumpkin pie you ever ate wasn’t all that much different from the worst pumpkin pie you ever ate.” — Garrison Keillor
- “Fall makes me think that if I fail horribly at this art thing, and then fail horribly with this writing thing, I’ll go run a pumpkin patch.” ― Tyler Hojberg
- “We’re not pumpkins. We’re stunning autumn gourds.” — Penny Reid, Beard Science
- “If nothing ever changed, there would be no pumpkins.” — Unknown
- “Produce great pumpkins, the pies will follow later.” — Unknown
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 75 Hilarious Halloween Jokes for Kids That Will Have Them Howling With Delight
Our Favorite Quotes
- “Hey, have you come to sing pumpkin carols?” — It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- “I heard a pumpkin a day keeps the goblins away.” — Unknown
- “My favorite word is ‘pumpkin.’ You are a pumpkin. Or you are not. I am.” — Harrison Salisbury
There you go! We hope you had fun reading these pumpkin puns and quotes. Halloween would not be Halloween without our beloved gourd of choice. So, share these pumpkin-inspired quotes and puns far and wide. If you liked these puns, you are really going to love these fun Halloween jokes for kids. Read some of our favorites and tell them to all your trick-or-treaters.
Halloween Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Witch! Witch who? Witch one of you has my candy?
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Ivana! Ivana who? Ivana suck your blood!
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Boo! Boo who? Don’t cry, it’s only Halloween.
More Knock Knock Halloween Jokes for Kids
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Phillip! Phillip who? Phillip my bag with candy!
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Orange! Orange who? Orange you glad it’s Halloween?
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Ice cream! Ice Cream who? Ice cream every time I see a ghost!
Even More Knock Knock Jokes
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Figs! Figs who? Figs your doorbell so I can stop knocking!
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Eddie! Eddie who? Eddie body home? It’s Halloween!
- Knock Knock? Who’s there? Iguana. Iguana who? Iguana eat all your candy.
Super Punny Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What treat do eye doctors give out on Halloween? Candy corneas.
- Why does a witch ride a broomstick? So she can make a clean getaway.
- What does the vampire’s Valentine say? You’re just my blood type.
More Punny Halloween Jokes for Kids
- Why do ghosts make the best cheerleaders? They have a lot of spirit!
- What type of plants do well on all Hallow’s Eve? Bam-BOO!
- Who helps the little pumpkins cross the road safely? The crossing gourd.
Zombie Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What is a zombie sleepover called? Mass grave.
- How do you know if a zombie likes someone? They ask for seconds.
- What do you call a movie about zombies finding true love? A zom-com.
More Zombie Halloween Jokes for Kids
- Where do zombies live? On a dead-end street.
- What brand of shampoo do zombies use? Head and Shoulders.
- What’s a zombie’s favorite treat? You might guess brain food, but it’s actually eye candy.
Even More Zombie Jokes for Kids
- What do you call zombies in pajamas? The sleepwalking dead.
- What’s a zombie’s favorite weather? Cloudy, with a chance of brain.
- What kind of bread do zombies like? Whole brain.
These Zombie Jokes Just Won’t Die
- What do vegetarian zombies eat? Graaaains!
- What’s a zombie’s favorite cheese? Zom-brie.
- Why don’t zombies eat popcorn with their hands? They eat their hands separately.
Final Zombie Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What sea do zombies swim in? The dead sea.
- Why aren’t zombies ever arrested? They can’t be captured alive.
- Why did the zombie become a mortician? To put food on the table.
Pumpkin Halloween Jokes for Kids
- Why did he jack-o-lantern fail out of school? Someone scooped his brains out.
- Where does a pumpkin preach? From the pulp-it.
- What did the pumpkin say to its carver? Cut it out!
More Pumpkin Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What does a carved pumpkin celebrate? Hollow-een.
- Why was the gourd so gossipy? To give ’em pumpkin to talk about.
- What’s the best thing to put into a pumpkin pie? Your teeth.
More Pumpkin Goodness Coming At You
- Why was Cinderella bad at football? Because she had a pumpkin for a coach.
- What’s a pumpkin’s favorite genre? Pulp fiction.
- What do you get when you drop a pumpkin? Squash.
Witchy Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What’s the problem with twin witches? You never know which witch is which.
- What kind of medicine do witches use on their warts? I don’t know, but it’s not working.
- What do witches get when their shoes are too tight? Candy corns.
More Halloween Jokes for Kids About Witches
- Why did the witch take a nap? She needed to rest a spell.
- What do you call two witches who live together? Broom-mates!
- What do you call a witch’s garage? A broom closet.
Final Witch Jokes
- What happened to the witch who flew her broom while angry? She flew off the handle.
- What’s a witch’s favorite makeup? Ma-scare-a.
- What do you call a witch with a rash? An itchy-witchy.
Skeleton Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What is a skeleton’s favorite instrument? A trom-bone.
- Why did the skeleton start a fight? Because he had a bone to pick.
- What’s a skeleton’s favorite song? “Bad to the Bone.”
More Skeleton Halloween Jokes for Kids
- Where does a skeleton go for a fun night? Anywhere, as long as it’s a hip joint.
- What do you call a skeleton who goes out in the snow? A numb-skull.
- What do skeletons order at a restaurant? Spare ribs.
Even More Skeleton Jokes for Kids
- Know why skeletons are so calm? Because nothing gets under their skin.
- Why do skeletons have low self-esteem? They have no body to love.
- Why didn’t the skeleton go to the scary movie? He didn’t have the guts.
Vampire Halloween Jokes for Kids
- Why are vampires bad at art? They are only able to draw blood.
- What’s a vampire’s favorite ice cream flavor? Vein-illa.
- What’s a vampire’s favorite fruit? Neck-tarines.
More Vampire Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What’s it called when a vampire has trouble with his house? A grave problem.
- How do vampires get around on Halloween? On blood vessels.
- Why did Dracula take cold medicine? Because he was coffin too much.
Mummy Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What do you call a mummy covered in chocolate and nuts? A Pharaoh Roche.
- Why couldn’t the mummy go to school with the witch? He couldn’t spell.
- Why don’t mummies have friends? Because they’re too wrapped up in themselves.
More Mummy Jokes for Kids
- Why don’t mummies take time off? They’re afraid to unwind.
- What kind of music do mummies like listening to on Halloween? Wrap music.
- What do you call Ryan Gosling in a mummy costume? Ryan Gauzeling
Ghost Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What does a ghost mom say when she gets in the car? Fasten your sheet-belts.
- How do you know when a ghost is sad? He starts boo hooing.
- Where does a ghost go on vacation? Mali-boo.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Argh! 50 of the Funniest Pirate Jokes for Kids
More Ghost Halloween Jokes for Kids
- What is in a ghost’s nose? Boo-gers.
- Why did the ghost quit studying? Because he was too ghoul for school.
- What room does a ghost not need in a house? A living room.
Now, you know a ton of great Halloween jokes for kids! Share the joy and tell these jokes to as many kids as you can find. Halloween is such a fun holiday that often finds more laughs than screams! If you liked these Halloween jokes for kids, keep reading. We’ve got some fall jokes to share with you as well!
Andrew is an Assistant Editor for Mamas Uncut with over ten years of experience as a writer in the creative, marketing, and blogging spaces. After studying Film and Art History, he developed a passion for telling stories in a variety of mediums. Obsessively making lists, reporting celebrity news, and diving into emerging pop cultural topics are a few of his interests.
- 1 Just Some Perfect Pumpkin Puns
- 2 Now, Time for Some Pumpkin Quotes
- 2.1 Evocative Quotes
- 2.2 Charming Quotes
- 2.3 Lovely Quotes
- 2.4 Fun Quotes
- 2.5 Warm Quotes
- 2.6 Enchanting Quotes
- 2.7 Timeless Quotes
- 2.8 Inspiring Quotes
- 2.9 Magical Quotes
- 2.10 Celebratory Quotes
- 2.11 Timeless Quotes
- 2.12 Offbeat Quotes
- 2.13 Endearing Quotes
- 2.14 Thoughtful Quotes
- 2.15 Our Favorite Quotes
- 2.16 Halloween Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
- 2.17 More Knock Knock Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.18 Even More Knock Knock Jokes
- 2.19 Super Punny Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.20 More Punny Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.21 Zombie Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.22 More Zombie Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.23 Even More Zombie Jokes for Kids
- 2.24 These Zombie Jokes Just Won’t Die
- 2.25 Final Zombie Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.26 Pumpkin Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.27 More Pumpkin Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.28 More Pumpkin Goodness Coming At You
- 2.29 Witchy Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.30 More Halloween Jokes for Kids About Witches
- 2.31 Final Witch Jokes
- 2.32 Skeleton Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.33 More Skeleton Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.34 Even More Skeleton Jokes for Kids
- 2.35 Vampire Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.36 More Vampire Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.37 Mummy Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.38 More Mummy Jokes for Kids
- 2.39 Ghost Halloween Jokes for Kids
- 2.40 More Ghost Halloween Jokes for Kids
Mamas Uncut is THE online place for moms. We cover the latest about motherhood, parenting, and entertainment as well – all with a mom-focused twist. So if you're looking for parenting advice from real parents, we have plenty of it, all for moms from moms, and also experts. Because, at the end of the day, our mission is focused solely on empowering moms and moms-to-be with the knowledge and answers they’re looking for in one safe space.